Saturday, January 11, 2020

Well, I got it all done

I headed out to the bus stop, only to find "they" had taken my bus stop, a group of concrete workers had literally torn the post out of the ground (on both sides of the street) and were digging with a back hoe. 

I know they are trying to sell the properties on the street, currently vacant lots + sidewalk and bus stop.  Apparently they are going to put driveways or something?  I don't know but I was NOT HAPPY they took my bus stop. 

I stood and glared at them for a minute, then stomped off (in my work boots) to the next bus stop half a mile down the road.  I got there OK - I am getting better about crossing over the bayou. 

I had, also, by the way, just missed the bus.  And Ron was very drunk and incoherent when I left the house.  He was, however, in bed and had used the toilet. 

I caught the bus to the grocery store in the strip mall with my bank branch.  I went to the bank and as I was signing the check found it written out to "Heather" no last name.  The bank said they would work with that.  Good. 

Then I went to the grocery store customer service booth.  I was upset when they told me it was $25 for two sheets of tickets.  For some reason I had it in my head they would be less, but I examined the receipt and the ticket books and it is correct. 

That is 5 round trips; it's a very good deal. 

I bought a couple sodas and called a Uber, which wasn't much.  I went to Walmart. 

For once, they had tsssssssssssssssss+ (Torbie's contribution) For once, they had the multi pack men's pocket tshirts in my size.  I got 2
33333333333        (Biscuit's contribution                                              ]

I also got a 10 pack of quarter crew (ankle) socks in black.  apparently black is a better sock color these days? 

I got the rest of the things on my list, I got a small dry shampoo, crack filler (plumber told me to use it around the new hose fixtures outside), candy for my doctor's office, etc.  I found myself at the deli really craving a corn dog, so I got one. 

I ate that while waiting on my ride. 

I had a really nice ride home with a very good driver. 

I put everything away and Ron fell on the floor right after I got home.  I can't help him as he is fighting me, so I will leave him to sober up (he is not in any discomfort or pain).  I prepared my new tshirts and socks for the wash and ran a load.  With my new stuff, I won't need to do laundry very often. 

I used my new nasal spray.  I can breathe better but I still have the tickle in my throat.  It is going to take a while to get rid of that, I think. 

I took off my work boots and put on my fake crocs.  I like to let my feet air out if at all possible.

I haven't really had any problems other than the cats walking on my keyboard. 

I was very pleased I got very little non consumable stuff at the store.  I don't want to clutter up the house.  I just got clothes I needed, medicine I needed, hair product I needed, candy to give away, some soda for the house, and that was it. 

I am going to buy a new computer desk as this one is set up for the old style monitors and very old.  Then I will move my computer to the front room which I think I will like better. 

The check I got (love offering) will go to pay for my doctor visit and more medication next week.  I don't know how Ron is going to work paying me and sales tax all pretty much in the same week but we will figure something out. 

I just bought myself a case of protein shakes so I will be good for a while now (12). 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just yesterday you were "developing a great affection for men in the trades." And one day later you are glaring at some workers before "stomping away."

Those workers were just doing their job. They did not decide to take away your bus stop. Call the transit system and find out if it is temporary or permanent. File a complaint with them if you are unhappy.

Heather Knits said...

They could have propped it up so it could still be used. I had to walk an additional half mile to the next bus stop.

I am sure it is temporary because the main street in my subdivision connects two major streets, and many people use that stop.

Anonymous said...

Why do you have to pay extra for paratransit tickets? I thought he had a yearly pass.

Heather Knits said...

Paratransit has the base area (about half the county) and then the premium area. If you travel to/from premium area it requires two tickets per trip (I ride free). If Ron is in the base area the pass suffices.

The only things in the premium area are the pain doctor, dentist, and BBQ place. We haven't eaten out in months due to Ron's terrible behavior.