Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Wednesday evening

Ron is very "rickety" getting from one place to another, he generally needs assistance getting from bed to wheelchair, etc.  This is the main reason he stopped getting out of the wheelchair into the paratransit vehicles, he had a couple of bad times he almost fell on concrete and we both agreed it would be safer if he just stayed in the chair.  It makes more work for the driver but, at the end of it, they are paid to transport people in wheelchairs. 

I often have to assist him.  He occasionally falls.  This is just our life, even if he was at a five star nursing facility he would have this issue.  All I can do is be strong enough to assist him, and, for now, I am. 

He has never had a problem getting to the bathroom by himself. 

He almost fell a couple times today, each time I got him and he was fine.  Each time he said thank you.  This is just our life.  Everyone seems very surprised by this so I am laying it out as clear as I can. 

We went to the bank today, had a pretty easy time depositing the insurance check.  Yes, we got it, they were very prompt in payment.  I filled out the customer satisfaction survey and gave them a very good report.  I definitely plan to stay with them. 

The bank said it would be a while crediting my account - considering the size of the check I am not surprised.  It will give me time to find a contractor and then I can get them to work.  I also had to order new checks.  So that should all come about the same time, deposit, checks, and then I find a contractor.  The one guy seemed nice but he quoted me way over budget.  Very good customer service, again, and happy with the bank. 

Then we went to Walmart, I am finally happy with the paint chip I found for the bathroom, a nice light purple.  The one was too dark, I agree.  I also got some soda and dinner.  Ron reminded me to get Cleo a burger which was a big hit when I came home. 

"I only call her" I told him "When I have something delicious in my hand".  And she came, and had it.  The other cats tasted it but were not crazy about it.  I gave her a few pats as she gobbled it up.  She was very cute and has a very healthy appetite. 

I'm not worried about her sneezing because she is so perky and hungry.  It has been my experience the truly sick cat will not eat and is lethargic.  She is eating dry food right now with a good appetite.  Not worried about her. 

We came home.  The first Uber said she had a full trunk.  Why would you have a full trunk if you are doing Walmart pickups?  That makes zero sense.  The second lady was much nicer and she and Ron discussed classic rock on the way home. 

She was very nice. 

I got up very early and plan to go to bed early.  We have a trip to the Waffle House tomorrow, here's to hoping they don't screw it up.  At any rate it is later in the day so I get to sleep in.  Maybe until 8.  I'm just a wild animal. 

Spotty is playing with a cough drop he found somewhere.  Not sure what that's about but he's having fun. 

My only concession to the corona virus, I stopped using my steroid nasal spray.  My allergies are pretty good right now and I finally got rid of that annoying dry cough.  I feel my house is healthful, mold free, dry.  But there was a lot of dust and that may have done it for me.  I have a HEPA filter on the furnace so that helps too, I will be changing that out in a day or so. 

Ron's in bed, he is fine.  The cats are good.  I will be going to bed early.  I did up my pills for 2 weeks so that is done.  I have been experiencing some nausea lately so I added some ginger root to the mix.  I find that very helpful.  The cats enjoyed playing with the squeaky mouse for a while, Biscuit, Cleo, and Spotty.  Cleo has an unusual quirk she likes to grab the mouse and lick the string.  That explains how the last mouse got such a frayed string. 

Oh, I'm tired.  I will be going to bed early. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

“ He has never had a problem getting to the bathroom by himself. ”

Um, ok

Heather Knits said...

Getting in the chair and to the commode has not been a problem. How fast that happens vs. his digestion has been an issue a time or two.