Thursday, January 16, 2020

Very early Thursday

I found water in the garage last night.  It is not a lot and has not increased or decreased.  I am not sure what is going on, it doesn't seem to be coming from above.  I cut the water off last night while I was sleeping and the water is the same?

I will turn it on, take my shower, use the toilet, fill up some flush buckets and turn it off again.  I will call the plumber to come by after work and verify it is not my new pipes.

I fear it may be the sewer lines.  But I'm not going to borrow trouble.

What is it, with the house, only had 35 years on it?

Edit: the water (a small puddle) did not get bigger after my shower and use of toilet so it is not the sewer pipe.

Further edit: this apparently a VERY common problem with garages here, I may just have never noticed it before.  It is a condensation issue. 

That is the very last thing I wanted to see with all the stress I had last night.  Needless to say, I did not sleep well last night, even with the water off, and got up after 7 hours.  I was just laying there on my cot staring at the ceiling, bug eyed.

I don't want to have all this in my life.  I want to go back to boring days and the biggest problem Ron had a blackout and fell on the floor.

People are so DUMB.  I had a very clear ad with photos, for the weight equipment.  I listed everything and said it all goes together.  You could barely see one kettlebell in the background.  Today I get yet another "I want the dumbbells and weight plates but nothing else" buyer, oh, and they want my kettlebells.  WHERE in the description did you read I was selling kettlebells?  Nowhere.

So I sent her an email saying, politely, it all goes as a set, I am cleaning up and would not sell the small thing only to leave myself with the large one, the kettlebells were not listed and are not for sale, etc.  The bench is only 'good" with the plates and dumbbells.  Hopefully that clears everything up.

I also added more clarification to my ad.

I may look into halfway houses and see if they would be interested in picking it up.  Weights are a good thing for a person in recovery and a healthy workout, if they have room to put it.  I am almost to the point where I will donate it.  Worst case I know Purple Heart Veterans will take it.

I would have thought it would have a lot more interest.  I think it's because it is so large, everyone wants the plates and dumbbells but no one wants the actual equipment.  Most people have very crowded, cluttered, homes... not just me!  And they just don't have room, or a way to transport.

One guy lowballed me and I said I would take it, he was "creating a garage gym" and sounded all fired up, just like all the other guys, I sent him an email back "Great this is when I am available" and crickets.

When I put a bunch of assorted animal fibers (mainly wool but some other animals) on CL years ago I had a woman at the house in 2 days with $100 in her hand.  I guess I expected that this time.  Boy was I wrong!

I just got some adorable shots of Spotty in my chair.  I am not worried about the carpet looking awful because it is getting ripped out and redone shortly.  He is precious and the one photo really shows that.  He is also pretty much the only cat who will tolerate a hug or small cuddle.  The rest struggle free but he will sit there, purring, rubbing up against my hand as I pet him for a minute or two, then I put him on the floor.  You also get a nice image of part of my foot if you are into that.

Ron has slept very well, I will get him up around 9 as she is coming at 10.  He will need to change his shirt and wash up but otherwise OK.  I got his beard which I see as the primary.  It was a very bad length, too short to look deliberately grown out, too long for fashion, I got it down to a half inch so it is much more respectable.  He was naked when I shaved him, freaking out when I took him in the garage because he thought it was open.

When have I ever taken him out naked and shaved him in public?  He couldn't answer that.  Also I would be arrested for that, I'm sure.  Especially with all those kids next door and across the street.

The door stayed down and then I just swept up after and got all the trimmings, threw them out.  I found some when I was using the blacklight in the garage last month, human hair shows up on a black light.  It was kind of surreal.  Then I brushed Ron off and took him back in the house.  But Spotty is a good boy now that he's neutered and doesn't mark any more.

He is also super cuddly which is an unexpected bonus.  He is really a nice little boy.  I worry about his teeth but otherwise perfect, and really cute coloring to boot.

Although I have to think if you have a "best markings" category it would be split between Torbie
And Cleo

Most Cuddly would be split between Torbie, Biscuit, and Spotty.  

Most progress would be Cleo.  

Most stubborn would be Mama Cat.  

Most loyal would be Baby Girl, utterly devoted to Ron.  

So they all "win" in some category.  I can honestly say they are all my favorite.  

I have two and a half hours before Ron gets up.  I guess I had better turn the water on and take a shower.  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a good idea to pull the add for a week or two (I know you want them out of there but you need the money as well) and repost it again . I would also try Offer Up, my friends all have had better luck with it for some reason. Stand firm on the whole bench and plates I agree with you there are many a weight bench at yard sails and thrift shops with out any weights because people take the offer and get stuck with the bench like you said.

Donating it is great because it is a “write off” but you need cash pull the add and repost it in a week ?

The photos are so cute thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

There is a store that buys used equipment check out their website. Preownedfitness.com

Anonymous said...

Did you look at the website that buys used workout equipment? Preownedfitness.com

Heather Knits said...

One of the drivers is interested in it. We will see if that works out.

I believe most of the used fitness people want you to bring it to them, which of course is a problem. I have also only ever seen cardio machines there - and that's where we bought the exercise bike many years ago- play it again sports.

Anonymous said...

I think this is a different place. On their side menu they list weights, I didn't click on it but they are listed. Would it hurt to at least look at the site?

Heather Knits said...

I told the driver I would give him a week; I'll do that and then contact these guys. They have a location not far (as Houston goes) from the house.