Friday, January 17, 2020

Most of Friday

I had a calzone last night for dinner, slept OK and woke up with a pretty bad headache around 4.  I took Excedrin and went back to sleep, woke up, still had the headache.  Got out the pipe and my CBD buds, that did the trick. 

I am not crazy about actually smoking the stuff but it seems to work better than the edibles.  I had to use the pipe a few times today but I did eventually slay what would have been a very nasty headache AND managed to get a lot done. 

The CBD is much safer than other things I have taken for migraine so I would definitely get more when I'm out (I still have "plenty" as I only use it for headaches).  Ron tried it for his back recently and it made his back worse, so he will not be using it.  He finds it funny to hear me smoking. 

I don't think that is something he ever expected to hear. 

It was a rather challenging trip to the bank, we had $1 bills, enough to pay me and buy inventory, and a very large bucket sized bag of mixed change I've been accumulating for a while, that I wanted to deposit in the business account towards our sales tax. 

Ron was very outraged when I made a comment about getting paid and said of course I would even if it meant he got nothing and we couldn't buy inventory.  So that was good to see he took it seriously. 

I had to put the legs on the wheelchair, which he hates and found uncomfortable, so he could hold up the 20-ish pound sack of change.  I had a deposit slip in the bag. 

Our ride came we got to the bank.  The manager's eyeballs about fell out when he saw the bag of change.  We went up to the window and she took the change, put it on a cart, and processed the deposit.  At Ron's bank you can deposit (their) bag of mixed or sorted change into your business account if you have a deposit slip and debit card.  We had both.  We did that, no idea how much it is but they will sort it at their center anyway.  And that should hit the account in a few days. 

Then we did the $1's, which was a much easier transaction.  I got paid, Ron got what was left, and we didn't have to wait long until our ride home.  I got a text when I got home my pills were ready and $24 for all of them.  That was a very nice surprise. 

I had to make a deposit for Dad's pay-back anyway so I figured I would just do one trip.  I got Ron settled and called a Uber, went to my bank, made my deposit, which was available immediately (and then paid Dad the minute I got home), and then went to Walmart and did my personal shopping.  I can always use soda so I got that, I also got a laundry basket.  I thought about getting 2, one for dirty and one for clean clothes, but then decided that would be too much clutter and clean clothes can stay in their trash bag for now.  I am not going to live like this forever. 

I decided to get some underwear and found some good selections.  They had one section of underwear for one brand, then another for the other brand.  I did find some cute sizes and colors for my size.  The packages had been opened but the underwear was still rolled up and it all looked OK when I took the tape off and unrolled them to put in the wash.  I got a few snack foods as well and some soup for cats, they all love the stuff so much and it is a great way to get their probiotics into them. 

I paid, and went to McDonald's.  This branch is not great at customer service or even figuring out what I wanted.  They had a burger with BBQ sauce.  How hard is it to put that same BBQ sauce on a plain double cheeseburger?  Very hard, apparently.  They ended up giving me two nugget sauce cartons with my burgers, which they have done before. 

I ate one burger and called a Uber, which was there very quickly, then went home.  I put everything away and paid Dad, then got the underwear loaded in the washer for later.  I took a nap with Spotty, we had a very good one as he is not a huge cat. 

I got up and checked the mail, then put my clothes and some of Ron's in the wash along with the other clothes, and ran a load.  My jeans got pretty dusty yesterday when I was taking the desk out.  I paid Dad, have enough for my bills, and a decent amount of cash in my pocket. 

It was so nice and fast at the bank today both Ron and I are thinking he should change my pay dates.  It is always so crazy on the first and fifteenth of the month. 

Let me see if he remembered to make the trips for tomorrow.  We talked about it.  Yes, he made them.  Good. 

I plan to go to bed early when the laundry is done.  It shouldn't take too long, but I have my pants, his, both our hoodies, a lot of underwear, socks, and some t-shirts in there.  So I need it before tomorrow. 

It's almost done with the wash part at least. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No more plain burgers for Cleo and no more Mama Cat.

Heather Knits said...

Cleo is in and out and I believe Mama has found another home. There are at least a couple of "cat ladies" in the subdivision. If she (mama) gets picked up I will get her back but if she doesn't want to live here...

Anonymous said...

And the guilt train continues... what is wrong with this sad lonely person/ people when it comes to seeing the bigger picture? For anyone new to Heathers blog? She did a wonderful thing for a family cats, took them into her home and for a person of limited means in a difficult situation herself? SHE LISTENED TO HER HEART and paid for vaccinations health exams and had ALL THREE NEUTERED AND CHIPPED Applause and gratitude is on order . Think of just how many kittens are not on the streets suffering because of her generosity. She served her ENTIRE community. In the meantime her house flooded ect ( read back her struggles are genuine) .
But there are always the Nelly be Nastys of the world saying mean triggering things demands for answers from “ anonymous “ . yay to support and boo to the meanies . Love and gratitude to Heathers for doing the correct thing.

Heather Knits said...

Thank you. If Spotty's father keeps coming around I may neuter another cat! Tempted at least.