Saturday, January 11, 2020

Well, that was an interesting night

I went to bed, Biscuit joined me (he normally does) - I sure missed sleeping with him when he was at the vet's.  I went to sleep and woke up with agonizing calf cramps, because I had my leg pulled up instead of stretched due to Biscuit in my cot. 

I cannot emphasize the smallness of the cot.  It is about 6 feet long and 2 feet wide.  I am five foot seven.  There is barely room for me, much less a 20 pound housecat, but I would NEVER send him away.  So I just had to deal with the leg cramp and it's still sore today - and I had some walking planned but like I said that is just the price I pay for having Biscuit. 

Then I woke up a couple of hours later.  Digestive difficulties.  That took about an hour and a home remedy but I got that settled finally and went back to bed with Biscuit, limping on my leg.  I am glad the movers did not take the contents of the medicine cabinet when they cleaned out the bathroom. 

Some time later Ron propelled himself by my bed, waking me up.  I asked if he needed anything and he said, sorry, he had forgotten I sleep out here now.  He was very quiet after that so I forgive him. 

I finally woke up, sure enough, between 7 and 8.  When I sleep in that's just when I wake up.  My gut is fine, my leg isn't too bad, I had a great night with Biscuit and a little Spotty as well, the cats are fed. 

They have outside access but are using the litter box at a good rate.  I find that funny. 

I didn't really think about it at the time but the movers left all the "scent soakers" in the house, the cat trees, scratchers (except for one Spotty favored), and litter boxes.  So the house still smells "right" to them. 

I am not having to scoop every day but they are using it indoors which is fine, I wouldn't want to go take a dump in cold wet dirt out in front of everyone either.  They are civilized animals and it is better for the neighbors if the cats are using a box inside instead of a flower bed. 

I do wonder who is feeding Cleo.  She is getting pretty fat. 

No comments: