Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Wednesday morning

I slept OK in my bedroom considering.  I do have "problems" with the cats getting up on the cot with me, I love the company but I cannot move.  220+ and a two foot wide cot to start, add a 20 pound cat and there is just no room. 

I had to move Torbie at one point.  :(  I felt terrible about it but I needed to turn on my side. 

Other than that I slept great, considering.  I got some white noise "washing machine" which was very soothing and put me right out. 

When I got up I put my phone on the charger but it got unplugged and I only now discovered that.  One of the cats must have gotten up on my desk and pulled it out.  But I caught it and not running around all day with a dead phone. 

I had a good shower, I have much better water pressure now.  That is a nice benefit. 

I am unwinding a little on my nerves when I walk down the hall I'm not bristling waiting to hear another leaky pipe.  Ron is out. 

I may consider buying a bigger cot just so I can sleep with the cats.  That is one reason I stayed here vs. a hotel, so I could be with the cats.  I will think about it. 

I edited my Craigslist post and have a buyer for the equipment, it is about half what I wanted but right now I will take what I can get just to get everything moved out.  I will need the room, I am going to put most of the (except one) bookcases in the garage when I move everything back in.  Ron wants one in a certain spot so he can put cat treats on it so we will do that. 

It is his house and he doesn't ask for a lot.  He wants a couch facing the south wall of the house, in the front room, so he can pull himself along in the wheelchair.  I can do that, I plan to put both loveseats up there at right angles to each other.  The bookcase, and as far as I know that is all he wants for the front room.  That is very reasonable and I will accommodate him. 

I fed the cats when I got up but later on I realized I put one food bowl right next to a litter box.  Yuck.  I moved that. 

I am just waiting on my aunt to come get me so we can see my doctor today.  I am curious to see if he adjusts anything. 

We go to work, stock, meet with the boss.  Hopefully I will get paid but I am a little doubtful on that.  I need $250 for my Dad and $80 for auto pays.  As long as I get that I will be OK for a little bit, I just got a bunch of groceries (mainly yogurt).  So we will work tomorrow and Friday, then done for the weekend. 

If I can sell my gym equipment this weekend that will help the bottom line.  I have had two "buyers" say they are interested and then flake out, it is very frustrating.  I had a lot of spam messages after corresponding with one "guy" so I think he just harvested my email and address so he could sell it.  But the latest guy seems OK. 

I paid the electric bill last night so that's good.  She seemed pretty uncertain running the transaction, I will never go in the evening again, the day shift is MUCH better.  But it had our provider name on the receipt.  I am keeping the records, though. 

I could spend a lot of time worrying about money, and our meeting tomorrow, but won't today.  I am going to focus on positive things and leave it at that.  Worrying is not going to help me one bit so I won't. 

The last thing I need is an ulcer. 

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

"It is his house and he doesn't ask for a lot." Really? Let's see you cook, clean, get him into bed when he falls on the floor, empty his urinals, etc, etc but it is HIS house (not yours and his house just HIS).

I thought Ron was going to pay your dad back every month but it sounds like that is falling on you. Not sure why you have to pay it ALL and it is not at least 50/50 since it is HIS house and not your house too.

Heather Knits said...

His house, too.

I tend to think of it as "my" house.

I don't know what Ron is going to do (he has sales tax due on the 20th) but I will be paying my Dad back regardless of what Ron does.

Anonymous said...

So you did not tell ron he has to use HIS income to pay your dad back? You know how this will go. For the next 2-3 years you will have to take $250 out of your pay to pay your dad back while ron gets to waste ALL his pay on drinking. This means less money you can save and more money for him to waste. Not cool at all that you won't insist he give you the money every month to pay for the plumbing. Yet he has money for his root canal which by the way how much did that cost?

Heather Knits said...

Ron basically said he didn't want to get the house fixed and I said we had to do it even if it meant paying back my Dad, myself. I believe that is what Ron wanted to hear so he could shirk. But I couldn't live in a house with pipes blowing out every couple weeks, that is impossible and expensive.

He does have to pay sales tax on the 20th so not expecting anything this month. But I will not be happy if he flakes on me next month, because, as we all know, he IS spending an awful lot on vodka every month.

Anonymous said...

The point is that he should be paying ALL or at least 50% toward the plumbing. He makes double what you make (if not more than double). It is not fair to you that you should have to pay for it ALL. Since you both live there and both use the plumbing. The fact that you refuse to enforce this with him is just another reason he walks (or wheels) all over you. How much was the repipe? This is just morally wrong in many ways and just another thing he has done to show you that he does not care about you or what happens to you. He has done nothing to make sure you are financially secure and does not care about you, only himself. Time for you to start putting your foot down on things and I never, ever want to read that you are going to lose the house if you leave ron, etc. Especially since you paid for the plumbing. That house is now YOURS and not HIS.

He would have lived in a leaky, moldy, dump if it wasn't for you. What an a-hole and you are still catering to him in regards to furniture.

Anonymous said...

Oh poor Ron! I feel so sorry for him. He’s such a sweet little man, he is deserving of all the things in the world. You should def stay married to him forever.

Anonymous said...

Ron will not be paying your dad back

Anonymous said...

I would not buy another cot, this is a temporary situation and when the drywall is fixed what will you do with 2 cots? If your finances are uncertain, you should spend only on what you need. The cats won't hate you if you don't let them sleep with you. We kicked our dog out of our bed, he didn't hold it against us.

Anonymous said...

Ron probably doesn't plan to live in the house much longer, why pay to fix it. Other than that, why would someone not fix their house?

Anonymous said...

How old is Ron? Is he eligible to retire and get Medicare benefits?

Anonymous said...

I don't think you should buy any furniture until the renovations are complete and all of your stuff is back, sorted, and put in the house. I would keep the old desk, but it is your decision.

You already told Ron that you will pay the loan if he doesn't. He doesn't plan to pay it back. This is your loan. I'm sorry. Ron is too irresponsible and selfish. I'm sure you will repay the loan. You are the only responsible one in the house.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but please consider getting some help for yourself. You are eligible for services.

Anonymous said...

I have a 1500 sq foot house and to repipe with pex was only 5,000. I don't see why you were charged over 13,000 for that. If they used copper i could see that cost but not pex

Heather Knits said...

It was $7K with a new cutoff valve. It was a lot of very hard work doing the cutoff because it is under the sink. The poor guy had to practically lay/kneel for hours doing the work.

Ron felt since we had a second patch on the pipe it would be "fine" and not leak again, even tough it had leaked twice in 3 weeks. We had some conflict on that. Now that it's in he seems happy.

Anonymous said...

Installing a shut off valve is NOT that hard all he had to do was install a sharkbite onto the pipe. Sounds like the guy was an apprentice. Someone doing this for years should have had one done in less than an hour. Plumbers are used to working under the sink, they also go into really small crawl spaces. Don't feel bad for them when you factor in how much an hour they make. It is a lot of money.

I really feel like you and ron are punking everyone who reads your blog. Is there a reason you are not requiring the primary bread winner and home owner to pay for at least half of the repipe? It will take you 2 years to pay back. If he pays half it could take one year.

Why doesn't it bother you that he spends $500 a month on vodka but refuses to contribute towards home maintenance? Not to mention he has not paid for any of the vet care for any of the cats either.

I agree with the other posters about the cot and the desk, You seem to be in a manic state and are wasting money unnecessarily on things right now. Even the almost $60 dog house for the cats was a waste of money. Plus look at the weights you are selling on Craigs list for such a HUGE loss.

Anonymous said...

Ron has no business owning a home

Heather Knits said...

If Ron wants to be an asshole that's on him, he answers to God for wasting money and failing to support me. I have asked for help and he generally does not give it.

The weights I am selling have not been used in a very long time, Ron bought them, not me. Right now they are just clutter in the garage and I can't even get someone to come out and take a look, much less buy it. It may get to the point of me just donating the damned stuff, if I can get a taker. I am keeping the standard barbells and plates, and the kettlebells. Those I will use. The rest can go.

Everyone in my family is so excited to hear my plans to restructure once I get everything fixed and my stuff back. It is cute. But I have to make room for the things I am keeping.

Anonymous said...

God doesn't care if he pays your dad back but you should. I really think you are lying about everything. You said ron would pay your dad back and you lied

Anonymous said...

I don't believe ron bought those weights. Why don't you try let go or facebook marketplace. Stop being wasteful . How much was rons root canal?

Anonymous said...

Get rid of the stuffed bear it takes up a lot of space and is probably covered in dust. Why would you want it? It makes no sense.

Heather Knits said...

The bear is family and stays. NEVER a question about that. Very glad Ron made the stand for it out of an old bookcase.

I did put it on marketplace. Ron bought them for me in 2003.

He did not go to the dentist we can't afford it.

I honestly don't know if Ron is going to pay my Dad back, but when I told Dad "we" could do $250 a month I meant "me" and I will if Ron won't. I take my debts very seriously.

Anonymous said...

“We can’t afford it”.

*spends money on “Desk” and dog house*

You said the dentist “never called you back”

Anonymous said...

Heather you do 100% of his work inside and outside the home please do not pay this bill for him make him pay. You deserve a living wage this is another ploy to keep you dependent . He has given up on life but you are still young and working 24/7 you deserve your salary he should not expect you to pay for any of this I am sorry you are being bulldozed by a narcissistic drunk.

Anonymous said...

I can not imagine answering questions from someone who asked so rudely and called you a liar Heather? You do not have to put up with that you know.

Heather Knits said...

7:44, Hostile much? The dentist took days calling us back, Ron made an appointment, which he later cancelled. $1,200 is greater than $20 for the desk, or the $37 I spent on the dog house - which, had I NOT bought, you would have reviled me for "abusing" Mama cat and Cleo and "leaving them out in the cold".

I would have needed new pipes if I were single. I am viewing it like that. Frankly I don't think Ron has any earning potential any more.

Anonymous said...

No, I would not have reviled you for not having purchased an unnecessary dog house when the cats shelter is/was the house. Point is you (and Ron as a marital unit, so “his” sales tax is yours too) have all these big bills and expenses that need paying and you have a go fund me set up and you’re off buying things you don’t need

Heather Knits said...

If they don't want to come in the house I have to provide some sort of shelter. I bought the cat/dog house before I set up the go fund me, which was used for exciting things like paying for my doctor today.

It is ironic that SOMEONE was absolutely purple over those cats being outside and now it is no big deal that they were/are.

Anonymous said...

That SOMEONE wasn’t me

Anonymous said...

That someone wasn't me either. I still worry about cleo coming and going and mama cat who is still MIA.