Thursday, January 23, 2020

Thursday

I was helping Ron put his socks on when the insurance claims adjuster called.  I answered and she went through everything, said they were paying it all. 

Excellent. 

That was a good way to start the day.  We went to work, sales were DEAD.  People keep getting up on the scales over by the vending machine, the scales show people as heavier than they are so no one wants to buy food after checking their weight.  I also determined we had enough inventory we could skip our supply run this week. 

I took a little cash out of the machines.  We went to the bank.   We came home. 

I had battled a vicious headache all day so I smoked some more CBD when we got home, then laid down with Torbie for a couple of hours.  I got up and got on the computer for a while. 

We don't have to work tomorrow due to inventory level and will take a little time off. 

Insurance said I would get the check 7-10 business days so a while yet.  I am still unclear on some of it but I got the gist: they are paying the claim. 

I was really worried they would do something underhanded but I guess I gave a good statement about what happened.  I very clearly did everything I could to minimize the damage.  They agreed, and paid up. 

So I'm happy. 

I am still fighting with the headache but I did get my pills.  I am trying to limit caffeine but have gone way over my limit, I hope I don't pay for that later. 

But I have tomorrow off so I can sleep in. 

I should also be getting some of my flooring samples, tomorrow. 

No comments: