Monday, January 6, 2020

More Monday

I feel so wrung out.  1.  Too much caffeine today.  2.  A lot of anxiety about repairs. 

I just want it all done and over with. 

So many details, how we are paying for the repipe, etc.  It is mind boggling. 

I just want to feel safe in my home again, right now I do not.  The plumber will have to rip out a lot of drywall he said.  Whatever it takes. 

The good news the pipes will have lever turnoffs which are much easier to manage. 

He said for an additional sum, if I bought a fixture, he could install a faucet in the kitchen.  I am going to go ahead and do that.  I would love to do the toilet too but that would be too expensive.  The faucet is dripping and just looks horrible.  I will get a photo and put that up after I do this - it just looks like it is about to "go" and cost us a lot of money. 

I did clean out around the sink and that is done, so one less worry. 

I just felt so sick with stress, no appetite, didn't want to eat but desperately need my medication, I got a protein shake and took my pills with that.  Thank God for the protein shake. 

I really need to remember to watch my caffeine, I went way over my limit for the day.  I hope I can sleep OK tonight. 

My allergies haven't been bad, but then I haven't been picking up Spotty and kissing him, either.  Larry said he would come out tomorrow and fix up the doghouse if he can. 

I have faith he will get it if anyone can. 

Tomorrow we go to work, make some money I hope.  Come home and then I need to clean out Ron's room so the plumber can work.  It shouldn't be too hard. 

I will just be glad when this is all over. 

About the cats, I have done all I can.  I didn't "turn them loose" I put them in what I believed to be a secure enclosure, and they got out.  Cleo had already gotten out on move out day.  There is a lady who feeds cats in the neighborhood so my guess she is feeding them.  I have put out water, though, but I'm not doing food due to the possum issue. 

My cats know the cat door and know how to get in if and when they are ready.  I have constructed 2 shelters for them currently and bought a dog house that will be assembled tomorrow.  That is all I can do if they want to remain outside. 

We will have to see what they want. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our front windows got shot out last night. Thankfully it was a BB gun, a drive by shooting. It's the 3rd time in 27 years. Bet you feel safer now.

Heather Knits said...

Ugh! It's always something can go wrong. I am sorry that happened, our yard guy broke the sliding glass door a few years back and that was not cheap. He felt really bad about it and no way he could afford to replace it so we had to eat it.

Anonymous said...

I was sitting in a chair. right in front of the windows when the windows got hit. Talk about unnerving. I rearranged the living room furniture. No furniture in front of those windows ever again.

Heather Knits said...

Oh, I can't imagine. I would shit myself. Sorry for the language. ((((Hugs))))