Sunday, January 5, 2020

Sunday evening

We didn't get off to a good start with #2 when we first moved in, she was always taking our street parking... but they moved to another house and we got a series of really horrible renters. 

Fast forward to the last one, they were in arrears on their water bill so it got cut off and could not be turned on until that was resolved.  She asked if her workers could take a bucket of mine now and then and I said yes. 

I am so glad I did.  I called her last night and asked if I could get some water out of her tap, explained about the plumbing disasters.  She wanted to get me off the phone quickly but did agree. 

So today I went over there with some empty totes and filled them up.  We should be good for a couple of days now.  I still haven't figured out hair washing but will manage something.  Everything I heard says it (repipe) won't take very long and then we are good for up to 50 years. 

Praise God.  I am so tired of plumbing dramas but very glad this happened while the walls were still open and it was easy to locate the new leak.  I have plenty of bottled water plus about 10 gallons just for flushing so good for a while now.  I will get all this done but I will be glad when it is over. 

I even got a nap for about an hour which was nice.  When I sleep I have a sleeping bag opened on top of the cot, my body, and then another sleeping bag draped over me.  It trails on the floor.  The cats have figured one cat can lay on top of me in the cot (sounds like a Dr Seuss book), and the other one can lay on the sleeping bag on the floor. 

I made a short video. 


No comments: