Saturday, January 4, 2020

Saturday morning

We went to work and did it...pretty uneventful except I gave a regular customer, clearly having a hard day, a sample of a new granola bar (full size) to try.  That made her day. 

Everyone was asking me if insurance is going to pay.  I sure hope so!  I could spend a lot of energy freaking about that but at the end it has to be fixed. 

Ride home: one hour late, the driver who couldn't tie down Ron's wheelchair last time.  She did get it safely today after a lot of effort but had some very important takeout fried chicken in a box in the front passenger seat.  Like I told Ron "the chicken is so important it gets it's own seat" (rolleyes).  Just not a safe driver in a lot of respects but not quite at the level of calling in and reporting.  Ron and I doubt she will last very long anyway. 

We are home.  I have had a very interested potential buyer contact me a few times since I put up the listing, hopefully he will come by and purchase today, take it all away, that will give me a lot more room in the garage.  Another guy only wanted "the weights". I don't know if he meant the plates, dumbbells, or both but I said it all goes together like the first guy wants.  Besides, unless he proves a flake I will sell it to the first guy who contacted me. 

That will be good to have it clear and get some money out of it.  We had a lot of change today which Ron sorted (a very noisy job I hate, happy to have him do it) and then I put all the quarters in the change machine.  That should turn coins into bills pretty easily.  We just have to have them. 

I stocked what I could (not much).  Ron did his end of things.  I did mine. 

Now I am just waiting to see if the guy comes by.  If he buys it all today I will help him load everything.  I hope he has a truck.  We are not far from a rental place so worst case he can rent one. 

He will still come out ahead on the cost of the equipment vs. new. 

No comments: