Friday, January 3, 2020

Value

My aunt and uncle came, that went well but they want me to do Ron's room at the same time.  We would, I explained, have to wait until the major repairs were completed and then move Ron into "my" area (dining), with all his "primary stuff", purge all his crap and throw away his old mattress, etc... get the frame in storage or put it outside (it is metal, like mine).  It is a lot to add on to what we are already doing and I would personally rather complete the work we have and then do Ron later. 

Also, my uncle has a thing about tile, we have to do tile.  No, we don't, it runs $8 a square foot and insurance is not going to pay for that, that's almost a thousand dollars just on flooring, that can break... no thanks.  Even if someone gave me a gift of $100K for repairs I would still not do tile.  I really like the stained concrete idea much better. 

So, they left, with my laundry.  They talked to Ron and verified he was OK. 

After they left (they had a very busy day planned) I called a Uber to Walmart, only $9 (rounding up).  A bargain considering what I have paid for rides.  I went to my bank.  I went and got some casual slip on shoes as all I had were boots and slippers (I wore the slippers), a little food, some soda, etc.  I got everything on our list (Ron wanted bendy straws as liquids on his bad tooth make it scream).  I also got him some chicken strips. 

He asked me not to call so I didn't. 

I am not hungry so I checked out and didn't buy any food, stand by that one. 

I decided to call Arturo as I could take him to the vet (which is on the way home), pick up Biscuit, and then come home with both my shopping and the cat.  I called the vet to determine that would work for them, they said yes. 

Arturo kept going to voicemail.  Well, shit.  Then I tried Alex.  That didn't work either.  I did something else I don't think I could talk about but I did what I wanted, ran to the clinic and got a very vocal Biscuit, then home.  I didn't buy much stuff so I did one trip with both Biscuit and the shopping.  He was quite happy to get out.  He had a very touching greeting with Spotty I found very endearing.  He is exploring right now and seems fine.  I left his food at the vet but brought his treats home because Ron will want to treat him.  I have plenty more Biscuit food at home. 

That went really well and the person who helped me benefited as well.  I placed a very high value on the assistance.  I was so glad that worked out so well.  Most people would never want a howling cat in their car.  He gets a crown in Heaven for helping out. 

So I'm home now not even 2 hours after I left, also unheard of.  I have some viable options for dinner when it is pill time.  I may just to pills plus protein shake.  Ron has chicken strips.  It is a nice day. 

We work tomorrow but it shouldn't be brutal. 

I decided I am going to sell some of my workout equipment which is taking a lot of space in the garage.  I am more into kettle bells and it will be a much better use of space, plus raise some much needed funds.  I am going to go out and do an evaluation right now. 

6 comments:

Heather Knits said...

If you have flood insurance it is in the contract that you must remove your good items as soon as possible "to prevent further losses".

It was clearly SOP for the crew.

Heather Knits said...

Abusive posts will be deleted. Maybe you are accustomed to treating everyone in your circle like that but it is not kind and will not be tolerated.

I plan to use the money to either fund boarding for the cats, get a new kitchen faucet, get a new toilet, etc. Although it is no one's business what I spend it on.

Assuming, of course I can sell it all.

Anonymous said...

Telling you that you are wasteful is not abusive.

Heather Knits said...

The way it was said, was.

Anonymous said...

Heather, can I just say I am really proud of the changes you have been making recently? Using Uber, accepting help from people, cleaning out your place, cutting your losses and selling equipment you don't use, rethinking your opinion on Spanish speakers, ect. This is all going to expand your world, outlook & independence so much.

Heather Knits said...

I hope I am teachable. :)