Thursday, January 23, 2020

I had to have a little talk with Ron about DT

He drank all his vodka during the birthday blackout.  When he sobered up yesterday he asked where it had all gone.  I told him. 

He was going to wait and order it today, but I remembered all the comments about DT and how BAD it would be for Ron to suddenly stop, so I told him that (he did not ask why so many people were worried about this, for him).  At first he thought it was "funny", until I mentioned the seizures and risk of death.  He called his #1 vodka guy, and nothing.  He waited about an hour. 

He remembered someone had given him 2 bottles of wine, but they needed a corkscrew which we did not have.  So that wouldn't work.  He called Alex who brought him 2 big bottles of his usual vodka. 

I will say he behaved himself and I slept pretty well, considering I had a parade of obese house cats in my cot.  At one point I had to evict Torbie so I could roll over.  I am sure I'll feel terrible about it when she's gone but I couldn't breathe. 

I am going to have to buy the bigger cot.  Probably after I get paid. 

I started my cycle, about on time (movers took my calendar) and have my typical first-day headache.  I will not miss any of this when it's done. 

I do have a decent amount of female supplies so I am OK in that regard.  3 pair of jeans, about 15 tshirts, socks, and underwear are working for me clothing wise.  I have one pair casual pants I will use for very dirty work like painting, etc. because I am not crazy about them. 

I plan to turn the former computer room into my retreat, have a nice papasan chair only in there and a bookcase with my Bible stuff on it, then I can sit in the chair and do my Bible study/prayer time and have a nice, clean, designated space. 

Ron's room will be done last but at the very least rip out the carpet, new flooring, drywall and paint (not in that order).  Ideally get him a new mattress and dresser as well. 

Bathroom gets new drywall, paint, cabinet with sink and faucet, paint the medicine cabinet to match the sink cabinet (white).  Ideally a couple of grab bars as well for both of us (I could use one where you come out of the shower, even if Ron doesn't).  They can be white as well. 

Then my room, new drywall, paint, flooring.  Ideally put a curtain rod at the front of my closet enclosure so I can hang curtains to block my clothes.  Move my stuff back (dresser, bed, clothes), done 

Laundry room, repair ceiling, drywall, paint (current contenders are aqua or mauve) get some black or white milk crates to store my laundry potions (current milk crates are hot pink and won't match).

Garage, drywall definitely, paint if I can afford it. 

I like the paint sample I put in Ron's room, I didn't at first but it has grown on me, a soft blue with some gray in it. 

My room will be a cream color, as will most of the house.  Esalerugs.com has a ton of brightly colored rugs if I decide to go that route and are very affordable.  Bathroom will be a lavender/mauve and the laundry room as well, possibly.  If I don't go mauve in the laundry room it will be aqua. 

The cats are good, I saw Cleo and got a pet this morning.  She is pretty cute although she did run outside last night in the middle of a thunderstorm.  I also saw Spotty, Biscuit, and the older girls. 

Ron is having a bad day for his back.  He had some pain in his knee but I applied the magnets.  That helped.  We go to work in a while, stock, take money out of the machines, go to the bank to turn it into $20's, maybe deposit a jar of nickels.  Then home and we work tomorrow, as well, supply run and stock. 

But we can't do the supply run if we don't go in today and get the money.  I don't think we will need a whole lot of stuff. 

I think I am going to have to smoke some CBD bud for my headache. 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's like none of the comments or your posts yesterday ever happened. Again don't waste money on a bigger cot. Call the insurance adjuster and find out what is going on. They should have to reimburse you for the things you have had to buy because they took all your stuff.

Anonymous said...

Encouraging him to buy more vodka because of some poster comments is insane. He wasn't even going to buy more until you encouraged it. Why are you playing games?

Heather Knits said...

He was going to buy it today. I just told him it wouldn't be safe to stop it suddenly, that at the amounts he was drinking he was physically dependent, that it would have to be done in a clinical setting (getting off alcohol). I did not want to say any of this but I did not want to wake up to him on the floor having a seizure.

10-20 shots a day is a pretty big deal.

Heather Knits said...

Insurance already sent me a letter they are waiting on adjuster. I can only hope that means a bigger check for me at the end.

And I have to focus on something.

Anonymous said...

You need to call the insurance company and get a hold of the adjuster. Why is this so difficult for you to do?

Anonymous said...

That doesn’t mean a bigger check.

So what is the plan for getting him off the alcohol then?

Have him call his boss today to resign the program like he wants.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
It's like none of the comments or your posts yesterday ever happened. Again don't waste money on a bigger cot. Call the insurance adjuster and find out what is going on. They should have to reimburse you for the things you have had to buy because they took all your stuff.

January 23, 2020 at 7:53 AM

Yep, you can lead a horse to water. Sounds like your plan to buy him a new mattress is the opposite of what the posters here are saying about putting him in a nursing home.

Anonymous said...

Ron seems like a "kept" man, a hostage who has no say.

Heather Knits said...

He doesn't want to get off alcohol, he wanted to skip buying it last night and I had to tell him stopping cold was a bad idea.

I guarantee, making a pest of myself with the insurance company is not going to endear me. It will result in slower claims processing and a smaller check, if any.

He does not want to resign today, which is why I think he needs a month or so to think about it. He is variable, but once he's out he is not getting back in. They have very strict restrictions for vendors in the program, they must be able to stand 10 hours, lift 45 pounds, etc. Ron was able to do all that when he went in but cannot requalify as a result. Also, it is considered a "good" location as they go (you can set your own hours, everything indoor so lower vandalism, etc.) and the other vendors will be fighting for it. He has poor reviews so he cannot get any other location.

If I really felt it would be good for him I would encourage him to leave the program, but he's just going to sit around and drink all day, even more than currently, and that's no good. I would have to turn my phone off working at my other job because Ron likes to pester me with many phone calls when I am out of the house.

Heather Knits said...

He does have a say he just says something different every day.

When I was working and he was not, back in 2000 he was very depressed, lay in bed all day (this was able bodied), peed in a bottle....drank and felt sorry for himself all day long. He said he felt so un-manned every time he heard all the cars in the complex going to work and he was left alone. So I am going on that.

If he is temperate in his drinking I think we would be OK with a little help. The second Ron says he wants off alcohol I will move the earth to make that happen.

Anonymous said...

“ I guarantee, making a pest of myself with the insurance company is not going to endear me. It will result in slower claims processing and a smaller check, if any. ”.

Completely false. Your check is going to be determined by how much damage there is. Not by sympathy, or how many times you call, how annoying or nice you are or if you give them bags of candy.

Anonymous said...

He was going to wait for later in the day, but then you scared him about DT's. Maybe you should have let him get to that point, then you could have called an ambulance and gotten him in the hospital. They would have taken him this time.

Heather Knits said...

You are seriously suggesting I allow my husband to progress to a situation where his life is in danger? To teach him a lesson?

And I am crazy? Y'all talk about me being criminal this and that re: Ron but that is probably the worst advice I have ever gotten in my life.