Monday, January 6, 2020

Monday morning

I slept pretty well considering.  I woke up in the middle of the night, used the bathroom, and heard Ron awake.  I try to see if he needs anything when I am up as it cuts him interrupting/bothering me when I am doing something. 

He said yes, he would love a burrito... I think it was a burrito.  Whatever it was I cooked it, gave it to him, and went back to bed with Biscuit.  Biscuit has been a real hero, very cuddly. 

In fact, he got in my lap today. 

You can hear me breathing which is creepy but you get the idea.  He was purring a lot, too.  Got cat hair all over me which I will have to lint brush.  Thankfully the movers forgot a box of laundry room supplies, including a lint brush and some of my shout gel which I WAS able to use to eradicate the BBQ sauce stains on my favorite t-shirt. 

I am wearing that today.  We got the electric bill. 

I was worried it would be $400-500 dollars because all those machines were ROARING for a week.  It was only about $250.  Our last bill was $70 so that is very reasonable and very happy about that. 

I got some donations which of course were awesome.  I am not sure of the timeline on the repipe and when I get my water back but it can't be soon enough!  I miss my showers. 

Pete did a really good job on my shower enclosure back in 2012 and I have been in $150 a night hotels that were not as nice.  I miss washing my hair.  When I can I am using the clarifying shampoo and stripping all that grease! 

I believe my aunt is coming by but I feel confident in dealing with the contractors if she does not.  I have the insurance policy out for the drywall guys and of course we are on the hook for the plumbing. 

At the end of this I might look into one of those home warranties. 

8 comments:

Friend said...

Dry shampoo works great for degreasing . I have super long hair and sometimes can not wash as often as I want to so I just brush my hair well from the scalp out then sprinkle it from the scalp out ..(I do this before bed) put my hair up in a loose bun and sleep on it in the morning I just brush it out. You can brush it out right away and it does a great job ..I do not put a lot on so I do not mind it having time over night in the bun to “work” . It leaves my hair super clean and fresh so much so now I use it on my scalp before shampooing for a deep clean after wearing my bike helmet too many days in a row!
Do you have hand gel for the quick hand washing needs ? That saves on water

Friend said...

PS I know I do not say it enough but I do love the videos and photos of the cats. You can rig up a stand for your camera and sit in front of it like you sit in front of your computer screen then video blog like that instead of using the mirror . There are all kinds of phone stand hacks online for ideas a pop socket shaped like a pig with his nose holding my phone up is mine I can just stand my phone up like a computer

Heather Knits said...

I might try both.

Anonymous said...

What you're not posting about cleo or mama cat?

Anonymous said...

You are doing a great job. So glad Mr. Biscuit is home. Do you have Spotty and his mom and sister? Cannot imagine trying to keep track of all those kitties while all this is going on.

Heather Knits said...

Cleo and Mama cat have been AWOL. I will let you know the minute I see them but nothing so far. I can't put food out = possums but the cat door is wide open. Plumbing work starts Wednesday so I probably won't see them for a while yet.

Anonymous said...

I don’t think they plan to come back. They didn’t want to be captured in the first place. Some cats just prefer to be out I think. Even though it isn’t safe for them running around a neighborhood. At least they are fixed

Heather Knits said...

We'll see. If nothing else they are fixed now. I never expected Mama would bolt, though. Cleo I could see but not Mama cat.