Sunday, January 5, 2020

Sunday Morning

I slept pretty well, considering, after the noise died down next door. 

I did hear something I found encouraging, a doctor was on TV or the radio (forget) talking about sleep, and said "As long as a person gets 6-8 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period they will be OK". 

I do that...I always thought it had to be a straight 8 hours but apparently not, which is good as my sleep tends to be more broken up.  I do find it very endearing how all the cats want to sleep in my bed the minute I get up. 

I don't know if I mentioned it, but I called the homeowner of #2 and she gave a verbal OK for me to use water from their hose.  I had done the same in reverse for them a few months back so she sort of had to, but at least I can flush now.  Ron has bath wipes which will hold us.  I don't know what I will do about my hair but maybe my aunt will let me use her shower. 

I got up, took my pills, etc.  I figure there is a lot of piping in the wall between Ron's room and the bathroom (a lot of pipes).  Those are all going away so they are going to need to access that wall, which means I had to clean up. 

I got in there in my grubbies with a trash bag (all my cats are terrified of trash bags), cleaned it all up.  I found 4 pair of headphones Ron must have bought some time ago.  Threw away an old keyboard and recycled some cardboard, cleaned up spilled litter, etc.  I moved the water fountain to my room and Biscuit just used it so they know where it is.  It looks very presentable and very easy to move the cat things (scratcher, cat condo) for the workers. 

It is surprising to me just how much cat furniture we have, litter boxes, cat trees, scratcher, etc.  But the cats are a big part of our lives so they should. 

At the end of this, when I have some disposable, I am going to look into putting some cat shelves on the wall behind my headboard.  I don't think I will use the handyman we have been using, his quality of work has gone way down the last couple years.  I guess he feels like it doesn't matter if he does a bad job.  Hopefully I can find an honest guy who doesn't mind a small job. 

Ron got very drunk and has been pestering me all day.  It is very annoying. 

As far as I know no one is coming out today.  I feel pretty good physically but have some nausea.  Years ago, I used to have stomach upset whenever I would get stressed.  I may have to start taking my antidepressants with food again.  That is easily done. 

Ron has basically forced me to take the lead in everything here.  He just wants to be drunk and lie in bed all day  That is his right but it is frustrating for me I would like some support and dare I say leadership in this? 

Your average conservative Christian will say a husband should lead the home wisely.  I am not getting that and forced to figure my own way out for now.  Happily everyone around this has been very helpful, honest, and supportive but I am tired. 

I am becoming stronger than I would rather be... but I have to do what needs doing. 

No comments: