Saturday, January 4, 2020

Another leak?!

I THOUGHT I heard something this morning, but I said, Heather, you're crazy, you're PTSD... stop freaking out over every little twitch...

Just now I was sitting at my desk and I clearly heard dripping noises.  I went and saw it, so I'm not hallucinating.

[cursing]

[more cursing]

The GOOD news, we haven't had any repairs made yet.  The plumber did say to replace everything if we got another leak, and we did.

I tried to use the cutoff under the sink but it was frozen solid and a plumber once said if it's like that don't fight because it will break and GEYSER.

So I got the vice grips and went out to the street, getting pretty good at this, plus Jack gave me very clear directions, cut off the water, drain the pipes.

So I did that.  I assume Dad's offer is still open to repipe.  I will call him and tell him tonight.

At least this happened before we replaced everything.  Freaking out.

I HATE PLUMBING.

Thank GOD I washed my hair this morning when I took my shower.  I almost didn't, but something said go ahead and do it.

At least now I can tell my agent we are going to re-pipe the house.

Thank God I set up the Go Fund me and the wish list.  Oh, I need someone to make this all better.

[sigh]

Trying to be positive, I will be positive if it kills me.  And better to repipe now when the walls are open.  Then we can just paint over all of it when it's all done, won't have to go back.

[screams]

I will let Ron sleep.  The water is off so nothing to worry about now.

Edit: Focusing on this:


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is the new leak?

Heather Knits said...

According to my aunt, not far from the old leak.

I had a very therapeutic scream while they were visiting.

Anonymous said...

Hi Biscuit!!

Heather Knits said...

He's a handsome fellow, and a very good boy.

Anonymous said...

Did you rule out the insurance co paying for the pipes? Just curious if they would pay any or all of it?

Heather Knits said...

Everything I have heard/read says we are on the hook for the pipes. Well, Dad is, and then I pay him back. We agreed $250 a month was reasonable.