Monday, January 20, 2020

Monday morning and some of the afternoon

So we went to work, stocked, came home.  I was pretty beat by this time so I fed Ron and then laid down for a nap. 

Ron gave me this whole speech: he was really tired, and would 'take a few sips" of vodka to sleep, OK?  I told him I wasn't going to give him permission to drink, and if he did he had better be quiet.  He was, reasonably so, but I found his pants in the sink when I got up.  I got him to bed, minus the pants. 

Chris from the "Disciple House" called me about the equipment, he is on his way over in about an hour.  It will be good to have that done with. 

It is ironic I am donating to a rehab facility and my husband is an addict, but no one knows more than I what they go through.  And they will use it which is really what I want, it's all in good shape. 

I put Ron's pants in the wash along with some other things and they are running right now.  After the guys leave I need to... I will go ahead and do it now, put the backpack on the wheelchair. 

Tomorrow we round up the money for the sales tax, send the check, and make the deposit.  The nice thing about depositing cash it goes in the account the same day.  We did the stocking today (not much).  They had another folding table near our vending machines so were giving out "free" food again. 

I had a good nap with Torbie and hoping they bring my sleeping bag today.  I am warm enough but it is a near thing.  I also prefer to have a lot of covers and I only mad

+e a 5 foot square afghan... next one I make is going to be a lot bigger.  I worked that one in strips and it worked very well for me, then single crocheted together, and all around the edge.  Very cozy and has held up well, just not quite big enough. 

BUT the last thing I want to do right now is go out and buy a bunch of yarn.  I tend to do that when manic, get tons of the stuff and never make anything, then get rid of it later when I am manic again.  So not going down that rabbit hole unless I find something REALLY nice. 

And I forgot to put my nightgown in the wash..it is not "dirty" though. 

I don't feel bad about donating most of my exercise stuff, it will go to a good home, be valued and used.  That is what I really want at the end of it.  I didn't want to break it up and I don't have to, now.  And I will have a ton of room now. 

When the guys are gone I am going to go work on the computer room for a while.  I have some junk in there that can "go".  I also have some stuff I want to keep and I need to figure out how I am going to do that.  I have a decent amount of energy. 

Walmart is coming between 4-5, I really had the pick of the litter on same-day delivery times, at 2 AM.  That is handy to know.  I just need to get out a little cash so I can tip the driver.  I have leftover Chinese food to eat for dinner, and of course protein shakes if I don't want Chinese, but it sounds good for now. 

My mood is better, not as manic.  Some days I really wonder about taking that antidepressant in the morning when I am manic, is it going to be too much?  Today, I think, it was, but I take it as directed.  I also had a lot of caffeine and that didn't help either. 

I did some research on paints and found a good one I can use for the main area of the house + my bedroom.  Oddly enough I am drawn to it for both.  And then I can always put a throw rug or a bedspread if I want a splash of color, or change the curtains on my closet "door" (planned).  I am excited to get my vinyl plank samples and pretty sure I am going to go with this one: 

Core Luxe Bourbon Barrel Oak

I like it and it would work in all 3 rooms.  I keep coming back to: waterproof.  I was telling Ron about it (he has been good about listening, even though it is all pointless to him) and said it can handle cat puke, urinal spills, etc.  That is huge for me, and, if we get flooded again, I won't lose my flooring.  Laminate and hardwood would be destroyed.  I am 9 inches in the flood plain. 

I don't think tile is in the budget at this point.  Which is fine as tile can break and Ron does fall... got to think of that. 

So just sitting waiting on the guys.  My usual TV channel is doing SVU which I don't like as it's too depressing.  I will have to find something else to watch. 

And of course I need to figure out how I am going to organize the stuff I do have in the house right now. 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this one it is dark but not as busy as the barrel oak one:

https://www.lumberliquidators.com/ll/c/Rose-Canyon-Pine-Engineered-Vinyl-Plank-Flooring-CoreLuxe-Ultra-EVPRCP8/10043266

Anonymous said...

You could have sold pieces of the equipment and still made money instead of just donating it all. I don't think you are thinking rationally at this point. Even $100 for it all would have gone towards the new bathroom vanity or a new toilet. Tell them forget it you changed your mind and sell the stuff. There is no rush on it and sometimes you have to wait for the right buyer.

Anonymous said...

Stop buying stuff. You said you no longer knit because you can't do it anymore. Don't waste money on yarn. You are out of control right now and need to stop spending money.

Heather Knits said...

I'm not buying yarn, but when I am a bigger afghan is a viable project. I had a TON of blankets which were all taken to storage and am left with a few limited, bad, choices. So naturally I turn to thoughts of the ideal.

I do like that floor, too. It is something I could look at every day.

It is donated, and they were thrilled to get it. I don't regret it. Ron heard them taking it away and remarked on their excitement. We are both happy we did what we did.

Anonymous said...

I *hate* when I leave my pants in the kitchen sink...

I like the flooring a lot. My vinyl plank is wood look with some color variation too. It works in every room we put it in.

I'm glad you don't feel guilty about the gym equipment. It is going to be used and appreciated. Get it out of the house and enjoy the space.

Anonymous said...

Why haven't you called the insurance company about you claim? Tell them they took everything from you and you need to get things back. It really is ridiculous that they just cleaned everything out in your room but left the washer and dryer where the ceiling fell through. It makes no sense at all.

Anonymous said...

Mama cat probably got attacked by that orange tom cat that has been hanging around.

Anonymous said...

It was still wasteful not to try and get some money for the equipment since you are so broke.

Anonymous said...

If you have a ton of blankets there is no reason to buy more. Call your insurance company and get an ETA on when they are going to approve the claim. It had been over a month.

Clear Off The Counters said...

Why don’t you ask your aunt for a few blankets to borrow?

I have noticed you seem off the rails and was shocked your doc didn’t change your meds. Take care of yourself but stop buying stuff.

Anonymous said...

Yes stop buying stuff you are going on a massive binge of buying. You said we should bring it to your attention when you started doing manic things like excessive shopping.

Heather Knits said...

I bought a single, $10 sleeping bag I needed. I slept very well as a result. I wouldn't worry about that.