Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Early Tuesday

Still a little uproar with Baby Girl and Cleo, but manageable.  It's a big house for a cat and they have a cat door. 

So, Ron explained a little: "I I told her we had a flood and I couldn't do the report, she said she could average previous years and do it that way".  So I may not be unemployed after all.  I agree the pills have affected him but they do help, somewhat, on his back. 

She has great sympathy for him.  I plan to clean him up a little and trim his beard before their appointment. 

The movers took my stash of magnets so I asked for some more, which doc provided.  I forgot to get the tape, though. 

Ron had an allergic reaction to the tape the doctor used, I don't know what type or brand he used but Ron's skin was very unhappy.  I will have to get the hypoallergenic when I do get it. 

TMI ALERT

I had digestive troubles again; this happens with me when I am extremely stressed, my digestion goes to hell.  I am backed up with severe cramping lately and I have had to take OTC medication.  But I don't want to be the person taking laxatives all the time. 

OK TO READ AGAIN

So I have to manage that in a wise manner.  One thing I decided I really need to do is a food/supplement log.  Write everything down and times.  The movers took all my notebooks but I bought a couple. 

I slept pretty horribly last night, it is not the bed, it's my head.  :p 

But I either trust God or I don't.  Tomorrow I see my aunt and my doctor.  He needs to be kept up to date.  I feel like I am stuck in a garbage compactor like that scene in Star Wars.  He needs to be aware of this... I know I am at risk of snapping but I cannot afford a hospital stay so I have to tape it all together on my own. 

Today I just have my Walmart delivery around 4.  Tomorrow I see my doctor, lunch with my aunt, and then clean Ron up. 

Ron asked me to move my bed back into the bedroom which is a reasonable request, but the floor was very dirty and I didn't want to walk on it in bare feet.  Once I figured that as my reluctance it was easy enough to sweep, and I got a lot.  It was pretty easy to move everything, the cot is super light and very easy to move.  So that is set up in my bedroom.  I also forgot the "good" heater vent is in my room and I am directly under that now, I'm going to love that.  I still have the 2 sleeping bags zipped together plus the afghan as well. 

The cats are good, Torbie is sleeping by my foot, Cleo and Spotty came and said hello while I was in the bathroom - the nice thing about having the "open" floor plan.  Ron gave Baby Girl some treats and Biscuit is good. 

Mama may have found another house which is OK but I would like to hear it of course.  I do feel good about having her fixed and shots.  Everyone is fixed and shots, and a chip.  That is about all I can do for them at the end of it. 

My allergies have been pretty bad lately and I develop a very annoying dry cough when they're very bad.  Ron is not a fan.  I have been told again and again to use the nasal allergy spray but most of them cause severe migraines. 

BUT I tried the generic Nasocort this weekend and no side effects, no headache, and significant help with the cough.  I am a fan.  I am not a fan of snorting wet crap up my nose every morning but if it helps me smell better and stops the cough I will do it.  It was also very affordable.  And I am significantly less congested, just after a few days. 

I can't take decongestants as they will cause a fatal seizure interacting with the antidepressant.  Glad I read the papers that come with my medication!  That would be a horrible way to die. 

Oh, I'm tired and I've been up for a whole hour.  But I am going to get through this. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

“She has great sympathy for him”. Oh if she only knew.

So when does Ron get to retire?

Heather Knits said...

It is more keep working or resign.

We have always been nice to her when she was just getting her sea legs in the program and don't think she's out to "get" us like other vendors. The funny thing about that attitude, if someone picks it up they ARE.

I have always seen her as fair and I am hanging onto that. It is a good location as they go and other vendors would be fighting for it.

Anonymous said...

I think you’d be surprised to learn that not everyone is out to get you.

He’s retirement age and he is more than just blind at this point. He should retire from working at this stage in his life.

Heather Knits said...

My concern: when left to his own devices Ron drinks himself into a blackout every day. I cannot come home to that every day.

Anonymous said...

Ron already basically does that.

Solution: use the services that Ron qualifies for so you can get a job.

Heather Knits said...

I can get service through rehab but not the blind program.