Tuesday, January 7, 2020

I had a really busy day and it isn't over yet

I finally got some sleep, as much as I could with Spotty and Biscuit crowding my little cot.  I may need to upgrade and buy a bigger cot. 

I got up, got ready, got Ron ready, and off to work.  We had four machines down.  I fixed 2.  We had to call the repairman on the other two.  All four were working great when we left.  We stocked and did inventory, took the money out of the machines, so I could take it to the bank today. 

Now that it is over I can say I got the money today, so after work I dropped Ron at home.  Jack came by and fixed the cat house.  It should provide some good shelter for the cats now.  It even has a little flap. 

Once I got Ron settled I went to the bank with the money.  I deposited the money for the re pipe and did our business transaction as well.  I called a Uber but, for the first time, the guy said he couldn't find me and cancelled the ride, costing me $5.  Rude.  The second guy was much nicer and took me to the Home Depot. 

I looked at paint chips, didn't find anything I liked as much as the samples I already kj
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ mnl mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn mn

And that is what Biscuit has to say about his day. 

So I didn't find a new paint sample that struck me, I proceeded to the faucets.  Most of them have the lever style but Ron and I agreed we wanted the "two knobs" style.  I called him (he was very drunk) to consult on the right faucet.  I finally got one that happened to be the cheapest but I bought it because it was a 3 hole with the setup I wanted. 

I got 2 supply lines just in case they didn't have them on the truck.  I also got some snacks and then I was done. 

I rode home in a Mercedes.  My $30 faucet never had it so good!  He was very nice as well. 

I came home and Ron was passed out in his wheelchair listening to music.  I am not inclined to wake him up right now.  He is sleeping great and that can be a problem for him sometimes.  I cleared out his room so the plumber can work, a lot of supply lines on his wall.  I put a blanket out in the cat house. 

I need to eat but I will have to move Ron for that, I may just have a protein shake. 

But wait, my day isn't over yet, I still have to get my grocery delivery at 7. 

But I got it all done:
work
Bank
Home Depot
home. 

I will be getting up early to take a good shower and then fill some buckets. 

Oh, we got the statement for the water restoration: $16K.  I sure hope insurance pays on that!  It was an informational statement only. 

OUCH. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe here. Heather... go into the ap and find completed rides. Find the 5$ canceled ride and click it. You can dispute it—Uber trick, they don’t want to lose customers so you will instantly get the 5$ back. Just click driver couldn’t find me.

Heather Knits said...

I did it, Joe. I was right out in front of the building so I don't see how he could miss me, then he hung up when I called. A Walmart pickup I get, those are crazy with lots of people waiting outside, but I was the only pers4333333333333333333333333333333333333333 Biscuit again. I was the only one outside waiting.

And, waiting outside a bank, I really want to be focused on my surroundings and not my cell phone.

Anonymous said...

Joe: Bad driver. Like you say for paratransit-won’t last long if they do that enough. Won’t get good riders either. Glad you got the $ back.