Saturday, January 25, 2020

Ron got a birthday card

From my stepmother.  The feline model in the photograph looked oddly familiar and it took me a while to figure out it was Torbie.  "Happy Birthday to Mew!" 

Very cute/  They also sent him a check. 

I was very surprised to see that. 

It wasn't huge but they just loaned us 4 figures.  Ron was touched. 

Sometimes I think my family like Ron at least as much as they love me, if not more, at times.  That is not necessarily a bad thing unless we are having Bad Times. 

I took a nap; woke up with a headache.  Fixed that, ate some of my hamburger from yesterday. 

I am still seeking a good paint in a quality cream color, the Behr samples were not good but the actual paint is great.  I need to find out if I can take my paint chips to the store and have them matched that way. 

And I need a lighter purple for the bathroom. 

A lot of people have been suggesting floor and decor for me, as a flooring source,  BUT I have not got my samples yet, Lumber Liquidators sent them in a day and then sent me a tracking number for them.  I had them less than a week.  I also like the options better for the LL. 

I just don't see the point in buying a flooring option with a cork back (Floor and Decor) if I am looking for something water proof.  It just doesn't make sense. 

But I will examine he samples when I get them. 

I know a guy at work, I had to have a talk with him, and one other guy, about personal space.  He liked to crowd up behind me (like the other guy) when I was stocking the vending machines, forcing me up into the machine. 

I finally went to a friend of his and said "What he is doing is sexual harassment and if he does it again I will file a formal complaint".  He has never done it again; and this was him getting within 3 inches of my body, not just standing nearby 

Anyway, at one point he kept saying he was really "handy" owns a couple of houses he rents out, etc.  Ron bought a cheap window unit A/C.  Ron had forgotten what I told him about him bothering me, invited him over to install it in (Ron's) window.  He came out, the window is plenty big, fumbles through a few parts in the box and says "I will have to cut a hole in the side of the house and install it that way".  WTF  NO WAY.  Ron and I were adamant.  He snooped around a little and left.  The unit was smaller than the window so I know it would have fit if he had used the parts that came with the unit. 

So, he likes to come to our vending area "Why are you out of x?"  "It's right here".  "Oh, I didn't want that, I wanted this" "It's right there".  "Oh, never mind I wasn't hungry any way". 

When the house got robbed he wanted all the details and kept asking me questions about damage the perps might have done, "Did they do this?  Did they do that?"  He got very excited when I said they pulled clothes out of my dresser and threw them all over.  "Did they spread [feces] everywhere?  On the walls?  Sometimes they do that..." and I swear he seemed sexually excited by it.  That really revolted me. 

Anyway, he heard about the flood and made a big production out of coming to me and telling me he could "work something out" when I was "ready to hire him". 

He does a maintenance thing at work, not very well.  It is not uncommon to see him standing around gossiping with a woman while his assistant does all the work, and the work he does do is sloppy.   I might let him help if he were not creepy and he volunteered, but no way am I paying him good money.  I very politely told him I had someone already.  He was very offended. 

But if I am going to pay someone to work in my home I want a good worker.  The Roto rooter cleanup guys are a classic example, they came early, worked until 2, took a 20 minute lunch, and worked until 7 one day I recall.  And, as a result, they are making some $$ they deserve. 

I want to pay for work done well.  Not half ass shoddy work while you peep into every corner and go gossip about my troubles to everyone, do a half ass job, and charge me double.  No, thanks. 

That is the big reason Ron never called Chuck back, Chuck loves people in trouble... get all the juicy details, spread them around to everyone else, dangle juicy gossip, "You won't believe their troubles", same reason we are not hiring the guy from work.  He doesn't want to work for us, he wants to gossip about us. 

I got a lot of that after Ron's accident, a lot of so-called friends calling for the juicy details.  It got so bad I stopped taking calls and recorded a new message every day with updates, they could call, listen to the message, and hang up, without bothering me.  They called all hours of the day and night, got their juicy gossip without bothering me. 

But I detest being gossip fodder; may be hard to believe with the blog and all but I do.  And the last thing I want is someone, Chuck or this guy, soaking up all our troubles so he can go gossip about them. 

I am going to go check the mail...maybe I got my flooring samples.  Spotty keeps begging so I will check his food bowl. 

He needed food, which I gave him.  Cleo has been sleeping in my bed most of the day.  Ron is OK.  I will call my parents in a little bit and let them know Ron liked the card. 

I couldn't help but think of some of my favorite winter coats when I went to check the mail.  One was a reversible gray/purple feather/down coat with little ties.  You tied it shut, about a dozen ties.  It was very warm.  It had a couple of small rips, and it would tear now and then, I would have to patch it, but overall very warm waiting on the bus.  The feather shafts were a little prickly but other than that a great coat, very warm.  My coworkers always made envious comments; I got it at a thrift shop. 

Then I had the Land's End Stadium squall.  It was very warm and light, it was stolen from the hospital waiting room while I was up seeing Ron one day.  I was pretty upset about it.  It was very cozy. 

Last year, well 2 years if you go by the calendar, I bought a regular Squall from Land's end which is good for all but the very worst days.  And I have (in storage) long underwear.  That will not be getting tossed because I really hate being cold. 

That's it for now. 

No comments: