Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Wednesday morning

He woke me up 4 times last night, once spilling a bottle of vodka all over the floor.  I put the seatbelt on him and took him back to his room. 

I did yell at him each time he woke me up, the third time he came in my room, grunting, which is a really creepy way to wake up.  I figured out it was him and yelled at him for waking me up, told him I would be waking him up when he went to sleep to see how it felt.  I will not but TEMPTED. 

However, somewhere in there it dawned on me that we need a talk and we need a video.  We need a video of the talk for the record because otherwise some zealous law enforcement officer is going to come after me when Ron kills himself. 

I will also talk to him about leaving the program.  Maybe he really can't do it, even if I'm doing all the accounting.  That will also go into the video.  He is, as far as I know, out of vodka now so he will be as sober as he gets and better able to talk. 

Today is not going to be a fun day. 

I pulled a muscle in my arm because I had to put him in bed 2x. 

Here's my issue: if he is not drinking he can care of himself and I do very little assistance.  When he is drinking he falls, a lot.  He gets lost in the house.  He urinates everywhere.  When I replace his mattress (he doesn't want me to, yet) I will have to get something waterproof.  He can't work.  He is abusive. 

I am just exhausted.  But I will make a video to CYA because I'm not going to prison for his bad choices.  I want him on the record, and public, saying he won't bathe, etc.  That may be very important one day. 

I will say he is over 65 so his bones can't be good - where is the calcium in his diet?  And alcohol leaches calcium out of the bones as well.  He is going to seriously hurt or kill himself if he goes like this. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do not allow him to purchase more vodka or do not allow him to drink whatever comes into the house. Pour it down the drain. Can you commit to that?

Anonymous said...

If he is over 65 then he should be getting social security. Since he has worked most of his life that would be a fairly decent amount. So he gets his income from the business, social security and a disability check from the government. A lot more money than you have any idea about.

Anonymous said...

But when is he NOT drinking? I don't see him stopping

Heather Knits said...

He is out right now and sobering up. He tried the "love bombing" an hour after he screamed invective at me for helping him - as requested - into bed. He is smart enough to know he has damage control.

SS sent us a letter, his disability check changes to senior payments only, no additional check. And why would it? He gets one check from the government and not much at that.

Anonymous said...

If you actually want to protect yourself, you will pick up the phone right now and call for help. Call the number you called in the past for help and ask for help. Explain the situation and ask for immediate help.

You can't care for him or even be objective about his needs.

Get outside professional help for yourself and your husband. Stop this nonsense.