Thursday, January 9, 2020

Opinions

I value most opinions here. 

So, here's the deal.  I had 3 rooms with carpet.  Now I have 1 and a half.  Carpet is coming out in computer room so just Ron's room. 

But his carpet is not fresh so ideally will be replaced with some sort of waterproof flooring at some point in the future but probably not for a while yet. 

I would like to get MY bedroom back first if at all possible.  He has had that carpet for 15 years so no major rush.  I did clean up yesterday's "problem". 

But his carpet has cat litter, drywall dust, etc.  Do I just ignore that until we change out his carpet (months) or buy a cheap vacuum I will only use until then, most likely? 

And what about a vacuum on hard flooring?  Is that even a thing and is it more effective than sweeping?  I honestly don't know. 

One thing I do know, you readers have a lot of opinions on house cleaning. 

So, hit me. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Swiffer for hardwood or laminate flooring Let his floor wait until the last because he is just going to get it gross and dirty again.

Anonymous said...

If there have been several "spills" in Ron's room, I can imagine the carpet is harboring bad odors. I would rip it up and sweep the floor until you're ready for remodeling. I have carpet because it's my husband's preference and I believe any hard surface is going to show pet hair big time. I have 2 dogs and use the vacuum. I've seen hardwood floors that looked like a hot mess.

Anonymous said...

I have always used a vacuum for both carpet and flooring at least once a week. Swiffer is great to use in between a good cleaning with the vacuum.

I have no opinion on Ron's rug, do what you think is best right now on that.

Anonymous said...

I have a vacuum that has settings for hard floors, low pile carpets and high pile carpet. I love it and use it on all my floors. I have vinyl plank, linoleum and two types of carpet. I use the vacuum everywhere in the house. It is great for pet hair, and for my long hair that ends up on the floor sometimes too. I would have a vacuum even if I had no carpeting in the house.

Friend said...

I would NOT use a brand new vacuum on Rons carpet . I would Pick all the trash up and get it ripped out then put vinyl flooring down so it can be mopped and sanitize and some of the floorings are very soft and warm feeling on the feet .

Hope this helps ? I say no carpet anywhere and get pretty throw rugs in areas that Ron will not trip on them .

I personally have a shark navigator and it works on my rugs the floor and has a hand thing to get in everywhere . I love it and do not have to worry about bags .