Tuesday, January 14, 2020

A bad day for pain

Another bad pain day for him, moaning, screaming, and carrying on like a cat in heat.  It is very tiresome. 

Do I believe he has significant pain?  Yes. 

Do I believe he could manage it better?  Yes. 

Do I believe alcohol "helps"?  No. 

He has been very difficult all morning screaming for 1-2 Kratom at a time every few minutes.  Why not just take one large dose and be done with it? 

It is said Kratom can get a person high.  I am wondering if it does ANYTHING for the pain and he is just asking for it to get high.  That may be a consideration. 

I tried to lie down, he kept bothering me, and other people calling on my cell phone.  Two calls were relevant but the other 2 didn't even leave a message.  I gave up and got up. 

Just now he wanted me to bring him a bottle of vodka as he lay in bed.  What's next, putting it in his mouth?  I said NO and he got very ugly, then went back to screaming and moaning in the poor pitiful me routine. 

I NEVER pull that crap when I have a headache or migraine.  I just curl up in a ball.  I have never "had" to have alcohol to stop the pain.  So he doesn't HAVE to do it.  It is just designed to disrupt and disturb me and doesn't help his pain level at all. 

Yes, it makes me angry when he carries on like this.  It just upsets me and I can do nothing more than I am doing already.  I have dealt with horrific physical pain in my life and you very seldom hear me whining. 

I did find some tape to apply his magnets so hopefully that will help.  Looking at the weather it is going to be a bad week for him.  I am going, later, to the store to pick up his medication. 

At least he stopped yelling. 

Next time I will make a video so you get an idea what I'm dealing with. 

3 comments:

Friend said...

I am so sorry! That sounds like a nightmare of a performance to me. As you know I deal with folks in pain and it is the quiet ones I worry about most if they are screaming they are fine. When someone is in a ball whimpering I worry

Anonymous said...

So how did he get the vodka?

Heather Knits said...

He paid someone to bring it. He seems over the hump now and got a nap, ate, and had a reasonable conversation with me.