Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Can't sleep

Or, rather, wide awake after 3 hours. 

I have a lot to think about, though.  Acquiring major debt, making yet more changes to my home, more renovations, disrupting Ron's "nest" which will be traumatic to him, getting the money handoff between Dad and plumbers smoothly, work, Ron care, self care, cat care (not in that order!). 

It is a lot.  But I have to remember we ended up paying about half this, out of pocket, when Ron had his surgery.  That makes it a little more manageable. 

I need to do a lot tomorrow and am really hoping I can get a good quality of sleep.  Biscuit has been sleeping on top of me every night, on the cot.  The cot is 2 feet wide.  Biscuit is very meaty and almost 20 pounds.  You can imagine how that is going!  Very crowded!  But I wouldn't change it for the world, I really missed him when he was at the vet. 

The weather is nice and mild so not as worried about the other cats.  They will be OK.  It was funny, when Spotty saw me up he started begging and they still had food in the bowl. 

It has been a little challenging for me feeding the basic cat food and Biscuit's specialty stuff, I still plan, at some point, to buy one of those microchip feeders.  But I think I am doing OK with that considering. 

The food has gotten some bad reputation online for "making cats sick" but you have to remember only very sick cats with a life threatening chronic condition are put onto this diet.  So any time I get is a gift.  Do I expect a full 20-25 years out of Biscuit?  Probably not.  But if I get 10 I will be happy (he is 5).  Torbie has been a great surprise being so healthy at 15 or so.  She was drooling a little the other day but only for a minute or two and never since. 

They are all super healthy which is great. 

Since nothing is being closed up during the plumbing re pipe I won't worry about the cats, if they get upset they can run outside but I don't have to worry about Torbie (very curious and loves going under the bathtub) getting walled up. 

At some point I need to call our insurance lady and find out exactly how they will pay for repairs.  I have talked about this: I just don't know. 

Once I have that information I can move forward and make some decisions.  For now I am OK for a while and if I bought a pack of socks, underwear, and another 4 pack of t-shirts I would be good for a couple of months. 

For now we are OK.  Ron's stuff was not affected by any of this - some will have to be moved, tomorrow, the plumber is not thin and will need some room to work - but that can go into my bedroom for a day or two and then back. 

I will just be glad when this is all over. 

No comments: