Sunday, January 26, 2020

Today's been Cleo day

I woke up and Cleo was in my bed, she was so cute and precious, purring even (she has a nice motor).  I got up and she stayed in the bed.  I took my shower and got on the computer for a while. 

I decided to take a nap and she was still in my bed, I slid in, very carefully.  Torbie wanted to sleep with me, too, and perched on my chest as I bent one leg to accommodate Cleo.  I even managed a nap for about an hour.  She eventually went outside, where she is hiding in a little blind and watching the yard. 

I also had Big Daddy or 'Paw" as I call him, came by, Cleo and Spotty's father, an intact male orange and white tom.  He seems friendly enough (I have not encouraged him as I cannot afford more vet bills and he is well cared for).  I don't mind him visiting as long as we all get along.  He meowed some, greeted his offspring, and left.  He really looks a lot like Spotty but Spotty is smaller.  I am convinced he is their father and would LOVE to neuter him. 

But, transportation... agh. 

Oh, and I found a discarded cat collar in the computer room?  The kind with the little bell?  WTF?   I found that a little alarming.  My guys do not wear collars. 

Ron has been sleeping all day, his right.  I did go ahead and make some trips for tomorrow in case he sleeps past the deadline.  I know how to do it on the computer and it is not hard.  Headache off and on but I am trying not to smoke again.  At least I have plenty now... I was getting low before I made my supply run. 

Speaking in hypotheticals I believe the medicinal is far more expensive than the cheap stuff one might obtain from a low level drug dealer.  BUT I am interested in results, not in getting high.  And the stuff I get is organic, tested, etc.  God only knows what I might get in a little baggie.  No, thanks. 

It is still a lot cheaper than prescriptions and seems a lot safer too.  I think it's a shame that it didn't work for Ron, but he couldn't operate a lighter and pipe with his hands anyway so I would have had to do it for him every time.  Unless he got a vaporizer?  Not vaping but they have a little thingy you put the herb into and turn it on and get the result.  I think that is all one handed.  They had some "thingies" at the store but I only had a certain amount and would rather spend it, as I did, on herb.  The pipe works OK for me, I would rather it had a flat bottom so I could put it down, but it works OK for me now. 

I am getting better at not burning my index finger when I fire the lighter and stick it down in the bowl.  And I'm not swallowing big handfuls of headache pills every couple hours, that CANNOT be good. 

It is nice to have finally found something that works. 

Ron woke up, we talked a little about the collar and I told him I made trips for tomorrow.  He was fine with that. 

I need to figure out dinner. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call / email a local rescue or humane society and see if they can help you neuter Spotty’s dad we have several cat lovers who do CNR maybe you can find one ? a neutered male who has his turf is a gift to the community. I would love a world where all cats lived indoors . But the reality is some don’t. Put your “ go fund me” for him give those folks who think you are so shameful , in the middle of a disaster of your own , to the challenge and i bet not one donates. But i will. Post the cost and transportation and see what happens? “They “will continue to bitch but not help.

Heather Knits said...

I bet if I did a Go Fund me for Paw he would get quite a few donations! He is a good looking cat. Rides, rides... the bane of my existence. For now he is clearly someone's pet.

Anonymous said...

I haven't commented on the cats in weeks because what's done is done, but I do want to discourage Heather from getting involved in any way with yet another cat.

She does not need another distraction pulling her attention away from fixing her house and getting help for herself and her husband.

Anonymous said...

If he is someone’s pet running around with a loaded set of balls then that person is irresponsible NOT you! I wonder what your local laws are about this?

Heather Knits said...

Well, my understanding you can have an unaltered pet. You are not allowed to let it run loose, which, unfortunately, "everyone" does (including me). If caught it will be taken to animal control, scanned for a chip, held for some days and then either put up for adoption if cuddly, euthanized if not (Cleo).