Wednesday, January 22, 2020

I can't make this stuff up

 Ron is ranting and raving about his ass crack. 

I wish I were kidding.  I would make a video but he is naked, using a lot of very bad language mixed with 70's psychology and a few Bible verses. 

He apparently took it to heart when I made, at various points helping him into bed, comments about the stench.  He told me he wanted me to come clean it, with a wipe. 

I got the rubber gloves and did it... a couple of times.  He kept demanding I do it again and I said no, I have done everything short of give you a bath which is what you really need.  Then he started on about how everyone has an asshole and his is no worse than anyone else's, even though he doesn't bathe....

Remind me I do not want a caregiving job after this. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

For gods sake this is out of control. Now you are wiping his ass crack. I can't take much more of this. That was the one thing you said he could do himself. Even adult children are able to get their dementia ridden parents bathed a few times a week. Even a sponge bath would work. Call the number. He has medicare they can send someone a couple of times a week for basic hygiene if you can't do it. Having him lay in a urine soaked bed is insane. He was better in the nursing home. You are unable to provide even a basic level of care to him. Adult protective services needs to be called on you and for him if you are unwilling to do the right thing.

Anonymous said...

Bathe him. If you had a caregiving job and your client refused a bath, and you complied you would be fired.

Heather Knits said...

Then a lot of hospital workers would be fired, too, he always refused a bath in the hospital and very seldom talked into it, they just made a note in the chart and moved on. Remember it causes him actual physical pain to have any sort of rubbing - even a shower, hurts. He can handle a tepid bath but that is it.

Heather Knits said...

I changed the sheets every time he peed in them.

Anonymous said...

You think it isn’t soaked into his mattress???

Heather Knits said...

Next mattress going to be waterproof. I put some rags down to soak it up.

I am curious what I am supposed to do with one bed in the house at present. Make him sleep on my cot? Or the floor? I don't even have a hair dryer because they took it when they packed my stuff... good thing I don't usually use one. I was lucky to keep a hairbrush, my facial wipes, some TP. I even had to buy new deodorant.

I changed the sheets both times... and clearly I need to override Ron on a mattress pad.

Anonymous said...

You could've packed up your house and labeled boxes instead of leaving the workers to do it.
Then, you would have your stuff and know where it is. You don't work 8 hours a day, you have time.

Anonymous said...

They have waterproof mattress covers you can buy and put on the mattress. Get a new mattress, a waterproof cover and be done with it.

Heather Knits said...

They had a policy they do the packing I just had about 10 minutes to gather stuff I wanted, and one gal brought me some clean laundry (socks and underwear).