Thursday, January 2, 2020

Most of Thursday

I slept OK considering, the cats love my cot and enjoy climbing up there with me.  I got up and took a shower, found the possum out back, released it. 

That was fun, I got the door up and it wouldn't go out.  I stood to the other side of the cage, still holding the door up because it "wants" to fall back into place, and stomped my foot repeatedly until it backed out a little ways.  Then I had to pick up the carrier with the other hand, still holding the door up, and dump it out in the grass.  Then it ran off. 

We went to work, the machines were empty; encouraging.  I put Ron to work counting money in the stock room while I stocked everything, and I did. 

Two of the can soda vendors are having issues but I focused on the one that is working and filling that up.  Plus the bottled vendor and snacks. 

I did all that, we went to the bank, I got paid and made the credit card payment.  Ron cashed his checks from the state for the lodging and put that on the credit card as well.  This is well before the due date.  We are done with the bank for a while now. 

We took Arturo home but agreed we will not be doing that for a while because it's an affordability issue.  We have a lot of expenses coming up and the cabs will have to go.  Besides, Ron has trouble getting in and out of the cab. 

The cats are good, Spotty is in my bed again and the girls were with Ron.  I called to check on Biscuit who is demanding pets from everyone in the office.  He's a good boy and that sounds just like him.  I am glad he is content. 

I am debating bringing him home for now.  It would save us some money because I don't know when they will start the drywall.  He, and the others, will have to go for that but it should only be a day or two.  I will pray on that but I think he "could" come home.  It is quiet right now and I can restrict his food. 

We have to do some accounting stuff shortly but that will hopefully go OK.  We have to do an inventory run and sort change on Saturday so we can fill the bill changers.  It is impossible to sort change on M, W, F, as the other vendor is there and has flatly forbidden it.  He thinks Ron creates an obstacle in the doorway. 

It is ironic as he is the one who wanted us up front.  And "gave" us such a small percentage of the area.  I was told the room was meant for Ron only, the guy in charge of it was quite upset the other guy got so much of it, but we have managed.  But it does make it hard running change. 

Today a woman came up to us yelling about a refund and when she pointed I knew she had the wrong vendor.  Ron was with me, we told her we don't take care of that area.  She got quite upset and insisted we did.  We explained, again, there are two vendors in the building.  She was quite baffled and indignant.  I wonder how long she had worked here not knowing that. 

Some years ago, I suggested we do a campaign introducing ourselves as the two vendors, put photos up in our break areas, etc.  The other guy said absolutely not.  I did, however, put photos in our snack machines so they know what Ron looks like at least. 

We are home now and I am just waiting on my Walmart delivery.  Ron never got a call back from the dentist so will likely not be going tomorrow.

My aunt sent me a text asking about laundry so hopefully I can get that done soon.  I have a pretty good amount this time. 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cleo and Mama cat are gone. They have been since Christmas Day. 9 Days. Not a few days as Heather likes to pretend. Poor Cleo and Mama. Where are they? Heather has said she will no longer put out food for them. Where will they go to eat?

Heather Knits said...

They will either....1. Go to the nice Spanish lady down the street. Or 2. Walk in the cat door.

I am not putting out food due to possum issues, they are very big and they are very greedy. I wonder if the cats were getting any of the food or the possum(s) got it all.

They are chipped, they are vaxed, they are fixed.

You all said Spotty was dead and gone and he's here yelling for breakfast. I am less likely to listen to random strangers and more likely to listen to my own cats.

Friend said...

Omg the drama of guilt tripping is too much this early in the morning Anonymous...you are forgetting that Cleo and Mama are both spayed chipped and vaccinated. Cats are super resilient omnivores and even if they did not make it why not give Heather credit for trying? Stop with the harping. Look at the bigger picture she has had a homeowners nightmare happen...had rescued stray cats and gave them a boost in life...Stop reading if this brings you so much stress and grief. You can ask any vet worth their salt if Heather did the correct thing and she did! Above and beyond ! good grief she did the best she could and that was a LOT more than most people that is for sure . Cleo and Mama are both unable to reproduce or spread disease and they will establish their own area and come back if they want to .
No matter what? They will not be putting forth litter after litter and spreading feline disease . They have a much better chance in life than they would of had they not visited Heathers house to begin with .

Heather Knits said...

Thank you... if all the cats were here they would be bitching about how I should have taken Ron to a hotel.