Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Wednesday morning

Got up super early, got Ron ready.  I went to put something away and he fell on the floor right as our ride came.  I got him up and we went to work. 

We stocked, I fixed a soda machine, and we got our Dr Pepper delivery.  Yay!  All done.  We left pretty early and came home, I took a nap. 

Cleo slept with me last night and during my nap.  She is such a sweetie, still timid but wanting love so badly.  I am always quiet and gentle with her.  She doesn't like me to pet around her head but will let me pet her back and tail all day long. 

I heard a crash during my nap, but when I got up Ron was in bed, so if he fell he got himself up.  We are getting ready to go run an errand and then home. 

We have tomorrow off, we haven't talked about what we might like to do.  Probably nothing.  I think it will be cold by our standards.  Let me check.  Yeah, 50's, rain.  I will stay home. 

Now if my aunt called and invited me out I'd go but I'm not going out on public transit. 

Part of my errands involves going to Walmart today so I can get some more soda and maybe some ice cream, a hamburger for Cleo (Ron's idea, and an excellent one). 

I don't get the bear hate, it has been a family member for over 10 years and very glad we had it up on the stand during the "event".  Once Ron and I figure out what we are doing tomorrow I may call a contractor to come by and give us a quote on repairs. 

I want several quotes from highly rated guys.  The first company has fantastic reviews but quoted me way more than I've been given for repairs. 

I also may look into getting in touch with an agency to do a door widening on the bathroom, if we can get that for free without handing over our financials I will take it. 

But it is drywall repair, paint, flooring, hang some doors.  Although I am honestly not as worried about the doors.  Ideally widen bathroom door.  It shouldn't be that much, but we will see. 

I do have a lot of drywall to fix.  Oh, and the bathroom cabinet, connect the sink in there.  I will be glad when we get the bathroom back.  I really don't like the way Ron gets on the toilet, from his wheelchair, now. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so flippant about his falling down

Anonymous said...

But ron doesn't go to work drunk so it is impossible that he fell once let alone twice.

Heather Knits said...

He wasn't drunk when he fell, he just falls sometimes. He is always fine so why would I have vapors every time? If I got upset every time he almost fell I would need blood pressure medication, I regularly help him get from one seat to another - as I did several times today, and keep him steady. If I get all anxious about it I will be no good to him.

I don't see "he falls on occasion but is always fine" as cause to worry.

Anonymous said...

He falls a lot, but since you won’t take him to the doctor because you’re afraid of what will happen to you, you won’t know why

But he’s probably drunk

Heather Knits said...

He had a stroke after the accident. He has always had trouble falling since the accident. Nothing new here... really. He is just becoming more feeble. One time I woke up to find him on the floor trying to claw his way back into bed. That was back in 2003.

And I wouldn't say he falls a lot, he MIGHT fall sometimes if I didn't help him, doesn't even fall 1x a week. He just had a bad day today, and the noise I heard the second time the chair got knocked over, he said the cats did it.

My aunt thinks he looks really bad getting in and out of a car but I am used to it.