Saturday, January 4, 2020

Ain't too proud to beg (but didn't need to)

My aunt and uncle showed up right after I posted.

She immediately went into the attic and said the puddle of water was near the old leak, it's just shot pipes altogether I think.  I didn't really care where it was, to be honest, because he said "If you get another leak... change the pipes" so it doesn't matter where so much as the fact I got another leak, period.

But they are very analytical (she was a CPA and he a lawyer) so she tracked it and mopped up the puddle.  I cut the water off there is nothing coming from the taps.

I did give a very therapeutic scream at one point.

Dad is still offering to pay for the repipe.  I started the phone call off with "You were right" and we went from there.

He didn't make me beg which I appreciated.  He says I need a gate valve cutoff as well and he will roll that into the repipe so we can always cut off the flow easily.  I am going to take that.

I get a new water heater out of this, even though the old one still works, it is old and has some corrosion per one plumber who was up there recently.  Roto Rooter says they do that standard so everyone is happy.

So just more contractors in the house.  I am hoping I can just move out into the yard for a day and then move back, worst case we may need to go to a hotel but there is one not far for $50 a night.  I was thinking Jennifer's donation would go to boarding Biscuit, but I may put it toward that.  If it goes longer than 1-2 nights I would just get one of those $200 a week places.

We can pay Dad back over time.

ACK.  In the immortal words of Bill the Cat.  ACK.

Hopefully I will not have to worry about leaking pipes for a decade or two out of this.  Biscuit and whoever I can round up will have to go to the vet if it takes more than a night.

Let me go do some research.  Good for 50 years.  Good, I'll be dead, or nearly so.

Could take a couple days to a week so probably going to a hotel.  Good thing we made that credit card payment.

I guess I had better update my Go Fund Me.

Edit: #2 (the good ones) said it is fine to take water from their faucet so I will be able to flush now.  That will keep us going a few days. 

No comments: