Monday, January 27, 2020

Monday

I had a terrible time sleeping last night.  Ron had a terrible time with his digestion, between us it was a pretty tragic scene.  I am happy with how I handled things. 

However, at 5 AM, yet another 911 trip to the bathroom Ron: "I don't think I can make it to work".  I thought about him strapped in the back of a wheelchair cab riding around picking up other people, then going to work and over 100 yards to the nearest bathroom, the difficulties he was having just getting into the next room (the bathroom is situated between his room, and mine), and I agreed with him.  He absolutely could not go to work. 

Not with that going.  So, he didn't, I took a Uber which he saw as money well spent (put it on his credit card), had a ride in 5 minutes. 

Got to work, gone for 3 days and still had product in the vending machines.  THEY ARE KILLING US!  I stocked what I could, got my delivery, did the inventory, took the cash out (bills), etc.  It took me about 4 hours because it was dead. 

I was able to recruit Ben, works for the other vendor, to help me with Snack 2 so that is up - or was, when I left. 

Again, about 5 minutes on a Uber - I cannot emphasize how much I love that.  With Yellow I wait forever for a ride, every time.  Uber it is 5 minutes or less, any time, day or night, and really makes me feel cosmopolitan that I can get a ride like that any time day or night.  So another good ride home. 

Ron was better, and wanted a chicken salad sandwich (I raided today's delivery).  That has settled well.  He even asked for cookies and he never eats sweets.  I had some little bags of Walmart Iced Oatmeal cookies, about 100 calories a bag and nice little portions, only $3 for 12 bags total.  And that is probably part of what is killing my sales. 

That and the [censored] scale.  Who puts a scale up by a vending machine?  A sadist.  They do.  Killing our sales, but I can't object because management did it and it is a "health and wellness" thing.  AGH. 

I laid down but my head was getting pretty bad (it had been fine until I got home which is really a sad statement), and I was getting queasy, well on my way to a full blown migraine.  So I got up and smoked some hemp, which worked immediately.  That is some good stuff.  I am still good, a little tension but not bad.  I went back to bed (with CLEO!) and slept pretty well.  I didn't want to disturb her of course.  She allowed several nice little pats and strokes.  She is so sweet. 

I am glad she trusts me. 

I got up and checked the mail. 

Now, I do believe in basic common sense, so I will say I got some VERY good news that has me very impressed with a certain company.  And that is all I will say for now.  GLAD I checked it. 

Ron said the change deposit went through and was $600, that will help with inventory this week, and I might even get a full paycheck.  He said he was worried about paying my Dad and I stated if he had $500 a month for vodka he could certainly spare $250 for my Dad, worst case he could switch to drinking the (awful) brand vodka and that would act as an automatic regulator and get his monthly vodka bill down to $20.  He laughed pretty hard at that. 

But, we have inventory money for this week so I'm happy.  Sales have got to get better.  I am keeping them stocked...

But I can certainly take tomorrow off, which we will.  I have an annoying little fungus going on with my right ring toe, between it and the pinky, I want to get some cream.  I have to be careful what I use because Cleo likes to play with my shoes.  I have been putting baking soda in my shoes to absorb wetness and odor, that works fine and is safe for her, but I am thinking maybe put some vinegar on my foot?   I used to use tea tree before Cleo but I don't want that anywhere near a cat. 

Worst case I will get some generic "antifungal cream" for 88 cents a tube. 

Ron is sleeping which is good, he was up most of the night.  And that's the weird thing, he didn't really eat yesterday, so either 1.  His stomach got irritated from the vodka or 2.  He picked up a virus somewhere.  Happily no vomiting as part of the program. 

But I am definitely getting the waterproof flooring. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is not paying your dad back you are so I don't know what the hell he is so damn worried about.

Anonymous said...

Those health and wellness things are starting to be a requirement of most companies contracts with their medical insurance providers. I was on a committee to implement this stuff at my last job. Unfortunately, it goes above management and they are obligated to play along.

Don't worry, the new year's dieters usually become Valentine's snackers again.

Heather Knits said...

It is that and the free food giveaways... rank and file get a survey a couple times a year and it must be coming up because management is kissing butt... trying to get good scores on "I am valued at work/my supervisor is fair/etc".