Friday, January 17, 2020

MYOB

A lot of interest in my finances... which is none of your business.

Some have said I should share everything, if I don't that means I am a tax cheat.  It means I am a private person, nothing more.  I doubt many of you always provide all your tax data on the internet.  Some have made conclusions about how I am filing taxes or even if I am.

That is not your business.  I can't state it any clearer.

I don't have a lot of boundaries but this is one of them.  Sex is another one.  My marriage being a third.

Lately I have had a lot of people telling me what to do, if I have "any reason" they postulate, I will ditch Ron and forge a life by myself, then they get very upset when I don't.  That is, again, my business, how I choose to deal with Ron.  If I did everything I was told I wouldn't be an independent person and I doubt many would like me.

No one likes a submissive wimp who only does what she is told and never has a thought of her own.  Except the guy pushing her around.

I have my own mind and I make my own decisions, many of which are unpopular.

If you have such a problem with my Go Fund me, and I have had a whopping total of 2 donors, you can always delete my bookmark.  I am not asking for money here, but in a separate place.  It is no different from going to work, I provide updates on what is going on, and someone sends me a dollar or two now and then because they want to help.  That is a good thing, not a bad one.  I portrayed my situation accurately and have bought "fun" things like a doctor visit, medication, etc.  I am working and providing for my household.  I am working with my insurance company.

That about covers it for now.. now I need to go make a deposit so I can give Dad his first payment.

"How does Ron do your withholding" was published and answered already, but the EXTREMELY INVASIVE questions that followed are not acceptable. 

4 comments:

Melanie said...

My goodness, there are strangers asking you for information that I wouldn’t share with my family, and I trust my family with my dogs, my life, and my money. It’s just not done, any more than I would ask them for such information. It should be obvious that it’s entirely up to you as to how much you choose to share on this blog, and not sharing gives no one the right to a “presumption of guilt” (people in many walks of life seem to be forgetting the basic right to presumption of innocence these days).

It’d be a shame if it got to the point where you decided to only share cat info, because frankly, I get comfort and strength from knowing that other women are in situations to which I can relate, I get comfort from seeing that you can make it through such things and much more than I deal with, and strength from seeing how you do it.

I am in awe of your willingness to even share as much as you do, vulnerabilities and all, my hyocritical self couldn’t do it. “Musn’t lose face”, you know, even to my closest family.

Just know that what you share helps others, Heather, if that’s any comfort to you.

Anonymous said...

What is the point of your being married to ron? I get why he married you because of his owm selfish reasons but what do you get from being married to him? You have no idea how much money he makes. He doesn't work with you. Your relationship is not a partnership and he doesn't care about providing a good life and future for you. All this could have been had without ever getting married because you live like a unmarried couple. I just don't get it.

Heather Knits said...

That is great you have people you trust with your dogs. I don't trust my family with the cats but the vet, at least, would probably take Biscuit. I have a big mouth and I don't see that stopping any time soon.

Friend of Heather said...

I am 100% with you and on Melanie’s comment above. Well said Melanie ! You have my support . You are doing your best and you are correct money is nobody’s business and the amount you shared already is far more than I would have the nerve considering the rude comments you get about your lifestyle and finances.

Please do not let these people suck your energy you do not deserve the negativity it is just “internet trolls” I get what that really means now after reading some of the horrendous comments you get.

Melanie and other nice commenters restore my faith in humanity!

Take care I will. Be missing your remodel but will check in as soon as I return . Much love and strength your way dear Heather
(My only advice is to continue to save a tiny bit each pay period even if it is the price of a cup of coffee and secure your future however you see it is supposed to be. )