Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Life and limb

Cleo has a cold. 

Bubba used to get them, you just have to let them run the course just like a human. 

Cleo is terrified of the vet and I would only take her if it was "life and limb". 

She wants to sleep with me which I find PRECIOUS.  But very crowded, so, when I go to Walmart later, I will be looking for that bigger cot. 

The bath went well and Ron is fine, he fell getting in so I worried about him but he does not have a subdural hematoma or anything.  I slept OK except for being crowded. 

Ron's digestive issues improved with some Metamucil.  I put a little generic benefiber in there too.  That's what worked for my digestive issues.  I was having horrible griping pains but that helped. 

For some reason, I manifest stress in my gut. 

I need to get him a shampoo cap.  I forgot to wash his hair. 

The other cats are fine, when I got up I did some soup for cats with probiotic in it and made sure Cleo got some, and the others.  That will boost their immunity.  She is "dry" - not runny nose or eyes like Bubba used to get, just sneezing.  I won't burn any incense around her, either. 

She has had her shots. 

She is asleep in my bed right now, an adorable ball of fur.  She got big when she was gone, though. 

They are about a year old now (her and Spotty).  So mature adult cats, hard to believe how tiny they were, and how stubborn Cleo was about letting me touch her. 

It is raining which will make our trip unpleasant but we will make it.  I am debating getting a humidifier for Cleo. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have your cats ever been tested for FIV? The runny eyes and nose could be a symptom.

Anonymous said...

So now ron is becoming more immobile. Used to be he could get in and out of the tub just fine. Now he can't do that. This may be the year you are unable to care for him without injuring him (since he fell in the tub). Don't know how you could forget to wash his hair. You could call medicaid about having someone come 2 days a week but I suspect with your dirty house you won't do that.

Anonymous said...

Isn't rain enough humidity?

Anonymous said...

Kratom can cause severe constipation when you use it take prune juice or even miralax be careful with Ron being in bed all day he could end up impacted or with a bowel obstruction. You can find info by doing a search for “ kratom constipation” many sufferers out there but once you figure it out just push fluids and use something when you are taking it as it is an opioid agonist. No medical advice here in fact you always should consider when using anything over the counter. Sorry cleo is sick . Dear anonymous how on earth do you think your comentary helps i wonder? Go for a good walk instead of reading you are pretty annoying.

Heather Knits said...

We run the heater a lot in the winter so it dries the air.

Mama was tested for FIV but not the kittens, I assumed if the mother was clear the kittens were as well. They have all been vaccinated against it, them and the old guard.

The house actually isn't dirty or cluttered since 98% of it is in storage, and a lot of it will end up in a dumpster on the way back.

Heather Knits said...

Ron was not constipated, pretty much the opposite.

Anonymous said...

Google feline herpes virus

Anonymous said...

If you did not run your heat at 96 degrees in Texas the air in your house would not be so dry. A humidifier would probably just mean mold build up in your home. Not to mention the lack of insulation and 2 months of open walls is not helping anyone's breathing or health.

Heather Knits said...

Fun note, the contractor found NO insulation in any of my outside walls - the builder really did a horrible job.