Sunday, April 30, 2023

Today has confirmed something for me

I only want a relationship if God has it for me. I only want a man who loves God and puts Him first,who thinks about pleasing God and not himself (at least most of the time even I don't do that), who finds the idea of a Bible Handout a great time. 

I'm not going to settle. Now that may mean I live alone.  That I don't get the nice, tall, buff, good looking (looking at you, Beau) guy.  But I would rather, as the song goes, be the owner of a lonely heart vs the owner of a broken one. 

I want the right man, or none at all.  

Odds are very high word of the Bible handout got out at work.  At least 2 coworkers are Facebook friends and I posted about it there.  I wasn't far from work as a car goes so someone may have seen me as well.  Beau is gone of course but every remaining single man is going to hear about Heather the Religious Fanatic Who Hands Out Bibles On The Corner.   And that, I suppose, is going to kill any interest assuming anyone had any. 

I'm middle aged, overweight (not obese anymore I think). White. Christian. A widow. I think a lot of guys are more put off by the widow thing than they would be if I were divorced or single with a couple of ex boyfriends. 

Oh, speaking of boyfriends I am going to have to trim my locks. Hair is about down to my waist now. I forget how my aunt phrased it but she had said it looked better shorter.  

Now, when I do a Handout, I wear a purple embroidered ball cap "Ask me for Free Bibles" a Muslim man actually made it for me at the mall. I paid him, of course.  

So I can't put my hair up when I'm doing the Handout.  The ballcap gets in the way and I feel the ball cap is important. But the ponytail kept catching under the shoulder bag and pulling on me. 

I had been planning to cut it shorter anyway but that kind of clinched it.  I had already been thinking shoulder length long layers. Something I can pull back in a short ponytail on very windy days or when I'm doing housework.  So I have a little more motivation on that now. 

I got caught up on all (!) the dishes they are drying now.  Meals next week will be easier, I plan to make PB&J sandwiches and salad for my lunch. Not sure about breakfast, nuts and cheese will work in a pinch.  

That's it for now. 

No comments: