Monday, April 10, 2023

I swear I didn't know what pico meant

Work was pretty good.  

I got some peanut butter eggs on clearance and was handing them out to other associates.  Beau got a little jealous when he saw me handing them out to other men; he said something in Spanish and the other guys looked at me like "Oh, really?"  So I don't know.  

It didn't help I brought in my Spanish candy, told him about it, he came by a couple of times "for candy" and at one point I asked him if he wanted a pico mango. He looked very seriously at me and said "Pico means kiss.  Do you mean that?"  I began blushing furiously and laughed but I have a terrible poker face, and he seemed very happy with whatever he saw there. 

It is PICA.  Pica means spicy. 

My coworkers and boss WANT me to take my lunch when he does (they don't know this) so I am... he came by my table and we talked a little with the whole break room watching.  No secrets there.  

One time we were having a break and no one who knew us was in the breakroom, that's when I told him Ron was an alcoholic. That's about all I had time to say before we had to go back. 

You may wonder why we are not having normal getting to know you type conversations like where were you born, etc. but there is always someone around, watching, listening. That is good for me so I won't be making an ass out of myself any time soon. 

So I feel very - let me go do dishes and figure out what I am feeling exactly.  Confused for sure. Hopeful?  Shy?  Attracted?  He is a little overweight but has a nice face and lovely expressive eyes. He is also a little taller than me so it is nice looking up at him. 

He likes to tease me; about my love of Diet Dew, my love of cheese, etc.  Today I was drinking a can instead of a bottle of Diet Dew.  

I was updating the blog and actually writing about him, my back to the door, and I swear I felt him enter the room.  I finished what I was doing and he was sitting at another table, watching me.  He teased me about the "strange" drink and said maybe I was tired of the Dew?  I didn't think as I replied, I said I was married for 30 years so I don't get tired very easily.  He looked very thoughtful at that.  I only now realized he can use that to calculate a probable age for me.  

He didn't run, kept talking, looked sad to see me go when I had to go back to work.  So who knows. 

I do know you won't be hearing about him the next couple days because he is off. Unless, very unlikely event, he comes into the store on his day off to see me which is pretty much stating his intentions. I don't think either of us is ready for that yet.  

He does seem interested in my schedule.  He has driven by me at the bus stop in the past and I have given a lot of thought to what I will say/do if he stops one day and offers me a ride home.  Today we got off at the same time and I kept thinking about that pile of dishes on the counter. I finished that and have figured out how to keep that to a minimum.  

I have considered keeping some bottled water in the fridge to offer "visitors". But I'm not ready for that. 

But I got all today's chores done in time to go to bed early so I'm happy.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with a little flirting or crush or mutual attraction with him but are you SURE he is not attached (girlfriend, baby mama, someone else?) and is he a BELIEVER?

Heather Knits said...

That's the thing I haven't really had a chance to ask.

When I see him Thursday I will ask him flat out "No esposa?" and that should tell me a lot. He does wear a cross which would be unusual if he weren't a believer but I am thinking to give him a Spanish Scripture booklet and asking for his opinion. It is a little risky but I don't think he will take it to HR and file a complaint the way my Muslim co workers would.

Anonymous said...

He lives with his sister. If he was married I am sure he would have mentioned it or the gossips at work would have. Again you are almost 50 and are acting like a teenager.

Heather Knits said...

I feel like one! Rons the only man I dated!

Anonymous said...

Acting like a teenager at your age is childish.