Sunday, April 16, 2023

Sunday afternoon

 One thing the early days with Beau highlighted was the extreme lack of physical touch in my life.  Not that he touched me a lot, but he would touch me on the shoulder as he passed by in the breakroom, etc.  I noticed, in a good way. 

I gave it some thought and decided to ask God for more, innocent, physical touch in my life. My Dad's love language, for instance, is physical touch.  Knowing that when I saw him I would go over and hug him every time I got up for a drink of water or whatever. At home it is more tricky.  

My aunt was good for hugs when she would pick me up for errands every week but she's got superseding obligations in her new town hundreds of miles away. My other co workers are not big huggers, touchers.  And it would be weird asking.  

Some of the people on the bus might give me a hug and some people look like they'd LIKE to when I give them the candy, but again I am keeping it clean. 

So what to do?  Things like this it would be great to have some kids around.  Anyway, I do have cats. 

So I sat down and specifically asked God for more physical attention from the cats. 

Spotty, for instance, has been great today. He slept in my underwear drawer about half the day and then took a nap with me curled up in bed together. THAT's what I need.  The cats seem responsive to increased demand.  

Although I know it is not entirely healthy to get so much of my emotional feeding from the cats.  It is working for now, and happily all 3 cats are providing so I won't be stricken when one dies. 

I woke up with a headache when I did get up. I am waiting for the Excedrin to beat it back before I do my cooking for the week. I am planning one meal for me tonight and then 5 for the week. The Taco Casserole I don't need to do any cooking just basic assembly of the ingredients. 

I also plan to go through my vest pockets and pare down the contents because all that junk in my hip pockets makes me look fatter. 

Vain?  Yes. If I remarry my husband is out there somewhere and he will likely meet me at work. I want to look good when he sees me. 

No comments: