Sunday, April 23, 2023

A list

 What I plan to do differently next time: 

  • Take my time.  I don't plan to go looking but will evaluate single men placed in my path. 
  • Only get serious about saved men and take him on a Bible Handout for the first date so I can assess his commitment level and how he handles rejection. 
  • Make sure he loves cats; my Dad does not and "made" my adoptive mother give hers up, only "let" her have two cats their whole marriage. 
  • Keep working.  Walmart has been good to me (bruise on my arm non withstanding) and I need to be financially independent. 
  • If I remarry, make him sign a prenup. I'm not losing the house over a man. 
  • No drinking or very light drinking. 
  • Take my time with him so I can see any red flags.
  • Hard nos: no head injury, no one I need to take care of (yet). 
  • Safe driver  
I have asked God for 2 small favors. Now God doesn't,pardon the language, have to do a damned thing for me.  One that the right man for me, if he is at work, bring me one of 3 small gifts (all less than $2.50).  We will see. 

Second, that Cleo get in his lap.  Now, a little about Cleo.  She was my toughest rescue but I left her alone to see how she liked my home, and one day woke up to her in my bed. She had decided to be my house cat.  She doesn't get in my lap.  She is afraid of me when I am upright. But in bed,lying down, she is the sweetest and most affectionate cat ever.  But if she's in the room when I put a call on speaker she runs away hearing a strange voice.  

So that will be a tremendous "God thing" because she's just so fearful. She's a sweet cat but her fear is turned up to 10 and she is always at Threat Level Red unless it is bedtime. That's going to be a God thing. 

That's it for now. 

No comments: