Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Tuesday morning in a rush

 I only have a couple minutes before work. 

Didn't see Beau much but he came by when he usually does, chatted a minute.  My taskmaster boss is back from leave so I had to break it off and get back to work, but I told him "I take my last break at 3".  I thought that was clear enough. 

He didn't show.  So I know. And that is all I'm putting myself out there.  He's off the next 2 days anyway unless extremely unlikely event he comes in on his day off. 

I am not sleeping well I think because Biscuit has fleas. Now, fleas hate me.  They used to bite Ron but they never bother me, knock on wood.  But poor Biscuit has been digging and scratching all night so I think that keeps me up. 

But I get paid Wednesday so I will get him his Advantage 2 which works the best for my guys I have found, and it's a topical so I don't have to try to get a pill down Cleo.  I may get some Capstar as well and mash that up in some wet food for Biscuit.  That way he's getting it inside and out, and I can work the Advantage into my budget. 

My hard part will be keeping the cats from licking each other before it's dry.  That's it for now.  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please stop looking at every guy that comes across your path as a "relationship" in the beginning. You have been "Beau Beau Beau" and "us" since the beginning. Maybe God is letting you get back in the game slowly. A little flirting and conversation since it's been a long time with anyone else but Ron. But if you start putting "relationship" and "looking for marriage" vibes out for any guy who gives you a little attention you are going to scare them all off. Relax and quit pushing so hard.

Give God a chance. He may well be showing you that He is getting ready to open a door for you to a new relationship but you are running ahead of Him, not just running but pushing trying to make something out of nothing.

Anonymous said...

If a man wants to be with you he will do whatever it takes to see and talk to you. I hope you can just enjoy casual conversations with beau and leave it at that and stop obsessing over him.

Heather Knits said...

True, both. I have decided I will work more on guarding my heart while keeping it open. Not easy to do but I don't want to be one of those bitter, middle aged, women who hates men. But I need to be careful because my disability tells me all men are great. And as we know some men are not. And I have a lot to lose.

Anonymous said...

You don't have to have a disability to figure that out about men. There are some good ones out there but lots of toads.

Anonymous said...

Not good odds in that age group either. Most have lots of baggage and are set in their ways. Why would a born-again man be single unless they're a widower? Most are domineering and bossy. And a first date a Bible giveaway, good grief! If Beau wanted to date you he would have asked you already. Men are flirts doesn't mean anything serious.

I know you don't know much about men and the dating world because you were in a bubble all those years with Ron. It's like you're in an alien new world. I truly feel bad for you.

Heather Knits said...

Good question. Some guys may just be a little off and never met the right woman.

I wouldn't have a problem dating a guy with a disability given some conditions like it not be neurological (I would be OK with seizures, but not a TBI or mental illness), or progressive. But a guy without a leg or something wouldn't be an issue.

Beau did show me I want a sighted man because a lot is communicated visually.