Sunday, April 16, 2023

Sunday morning thoughts

 I have been sleeping badly for about a month and I thought it was due to caffeine use; so I cut it back drastically yesterday and still slept poorly. I think it is psychological due to The Bad Thing that happened a month ago.  I was not directly affected but someone died, and shortly after that an employee I know lost her niece to a domestic violence murder/suicide (she was killed). So it has me shaken up thinking about love, how I want to live my life,etc. 

I did not expect that and was in denial for weeks as I focused on Beau.  But sleep doesn't lie and I am hoping I will get through this pretty quick. In the meantime I am up several times a night, headaches, etc. 

I very seldom take the Name in vain - I won't now, but YES I need counseling. I don't have anyone to talk to about this, really. Not if I put Beau in it I made a passing reference to him talking to my parents and Dad didn't take it well. I think Dad wants more for me than a Walmart Associate; he wants an engineer, someone making serious bank, an educated and informed man with solid theology.  Someone handy who can fix my house.  Nothing wrong with that but I have my little mental health issue, brain damage, ride the bus, other secrets that will put a man off.  

On the plus side I have only been with one man and I am losing weight. 

Anyway parents are out if I bring up Beau which I think I would have to; he's a part of this. My reaction if you will. My aunt is very busy, out of town, focus on her kids and grand kids.  She has 9 grandkids one a newborn. You can bet she is busy. She actually knows Beau's real name.  

Friday at work he kept coming over and talking and at one point I went over to him, looked up at him (so nice to do!) and smiled at him as I put my hand on his shoulder which I thought was a pretty clear sign his attention is welcome.  So my associates know I am interested.  

Is it going anywhere?  No.  Why is he living with his sister?  Are apartment prices that high he can't get a place and own his (very modest) truck?  I wouldn't be surprised.  I hear a lot of associates complaining apartments are high. 

But the last month has taught me that yes I WOULD like a man in my life.  I thought I was done with all that. I really did. This is a shock to me. It is just Beau swept me away?  No, there are some real obstacles there.   But he has shown me I like having a man walk up to me, smile, admire me, etc. 

He has also shown me I like a sighted man who is taller than my 5 foot 7.  Beau also has the problem he mainly speaks to Spanish speakers so his English isn't fluent.  It's good but not fluent and that would be "his" issue as opposed to "my" issue.  Possible to work past if we were both determined but are we?  I don't get that vibe. 

So that's my daily Beau for the day.  It will be nice to see him tomorrow. 

I had a bathroom emergency and realized something: when I was 13 there was an active shooter at my Dad's work.  It was the 80's, they had no idea how to respond to these things.  Dad wasn't calling, they were bringing out bodies in bags and I sat there wondering if Dad was one of them and what would happen to me if he was....as it turns out Dad was meeting with my doctor about my (very severe) depression, it was the worst I have ever had in my life.  Then this.  Anyway I was in counseling but they had no idea how to do trauma counseling and after all my Dad didn't die so what's the big deal?  But I think a part of me is still sitting in front of the TV wondering if my Dad died.  

I've talked about this, the shooting sent me off the cliff with my depression and I had to be hospitalized. But again no kind of trauma counseling at the hospital.  They had a group for survivors of sexual abuse and a "chemical dependency" group neither of which applied, thank God.  But nothing for my particular situation.  

Then I keep falling over these horrible domestic violence deaths this year..it makes me wish I had a warm body to hold me tight (not sex per se), someone to light up when he sees me, a bright smile in my day.  

I asked God to "take it" (drive to be with someone both emotionally and sexually) some time back when it became apparent Ron - well I think for Ron he would say he didn't WANT but maybe he couldn't for longer than I guessed?  I don't know... but I haven't gotten anything since 2012 and that was the one time...so I asked God to take it.  As he deteriorated Ron couldn't be anything to me he was just too sick, too much pain, his mind was circling the drain.  He was very sweet at the very end and loved a little peck or holding hands.  I asked God to make that "enough" and He did.  

SO WHY IS IT ALL BACK?  I don't know.  I asked God to TAKE IT UNLESS HE WANTED ME TO REMARRY and there are a thousand reasons marriage would not work with Beau.  Now, the fact that he is a Walmart employee I know he doesn't have any felonies and is in the country legally.  So OK to hang out with but the language issue, mental health issue for me, I get a headache just thinking about it.  

And I don't want some guy with his own mental health issues I want a rock, a stable man who is consistent in his day to day.  No addictions,solid theology, I'm asking a lot.  As far as I know for this Beau would qualify.  

I want a man who ALSO sees this as a great date: come to my house, pick up Bibles and sign.  Go do a Bible handout in a terrible neighborhood.  Put the leftovers (crate, hand cart, sign, empty boxes) in the trunk and go get pupusas or Mexican food, pray for recipients, go home. 

That's asking A LOT.  Especially asking him to sign up for the illness I don't mention anymore. 

Right now I am angry with God that He brought it all back.  I don't want this (love) I don't want it. I want to be happy and single with the cats.  

Speaking of cats Spotty got into my underwear drawer last night. He was adorable. I got a couple of photos but you can clearly see the underwear and I'm not putting that up.  Even if I did I am pretty sure this would violate my TOS on the blog and they might make it "adults only" which would freak out the Good Christian Ladies I have known for 20 some years.  

So for now Spotty is the only one getting in my underwear.  I don't mind a little pelo de gato (cat hair).

That's it for now. I need to wash my sheets.    

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is no reason you can't be happy and single. Enjoy your freedom and independence. I'm pretty sure you never had it before in your life. Enjoy it.

Yes, you need counseling. And you need to be very honest during your counseling. You are not ready to date. Dragging another person into this is not the solution.

I hope you look for a church community to join. It would be so good for you to have a social life outside of work. The support and friendship of like minded people you actually see in real life is important.

Heather Knits said...

Yeah I went straight from Dad's house (lots of issues there but he did mean well) to Ron's which was definitely the fire as far as things were concerned.

Anonymous said...

Even retarded people have sex drives. God did not bring anything back nor take anything away from you. Hell even people with dementia can become even more sexually aggressive depending on what part of the brain their disease is affecting.

The reason you had no sex drive with Ron was because he was an abusive drunk who never took a shower. So that would put anyone off from having sex.

You are sexually attracted to Beau but that doesn't mean you have to date him or screw him. It seems that any man who shows you even the tiniest bit of kindness you become attached and attracted to them.

This can be a bad thing because niceness does not mean goodness and does not mean that person is not putting on their game face and may in fact not be the person you thought they were.

You need to calm down and really get some counseling so you can get involved in a healthy relationship when the time is right.

Heather Knits said...

That's the thing. With FAS I am not as wise as I'd like to be, about people. Sometimes I feel very clueless about people what they want, motivations in particular I am terrible at. I think I am a sweet person overall so most people try to look out for me.

Predators can sense that which is why I am being so open about Beau I don't want to get into trouble.

Sex before marriage was nothing but trouble for me, not doing that again. Dating I am open to these days or "Can I give you a ride home?" sort of things. I would rather talk/text for a good while first though.

Some of my problem, a large part of it, is actual organic brain damage. That can't be fixed I just have to try to be canny about other people's motivation.

Anonymous said...

I work at the front desk in a counseling clinic. So many people think the counselor is supposed to solve their problems but they are trained to be a mirror and reflect so you can see what you otherwise can't or refuse to see.