Saturday, April 29, 2023

Early Saturday morning

 I slept pretty well but woke up after about 5-6 hours, went to sleep, woke up again. I had Biscuit who is as always completely awesome.  

I still can't believe someone threw him out like trash; and that someone else would deliberately kick him again and again.  But he's mine now and very well loved.  

Speaking of love, ever since I heard about Beau's visa troubles I can't stop thinking of the movie "Green Card".  Link  NO I am not going to propose that but it's funny.  

I can focus on getting my head together and losing some weight so I am "better" if/when he comes back.  If he doesn't I am sure Jesus will appreciate the effort, and He's always with me. 

It is kind of sad I had gotten a little arrogant "I am celibate and I don't need anyone" and then this hits for whatever reason, and God allowed it to hit - I guess in part to teach me more empathy and humility.  

Biscuit is sacked out on the back of the couch.  I've had him for eight and a half years now and I have never seen him take to a place the way he has this couch. I will just lint roll it often unfortunately the cover is a dark navy and he is mostly white. 

But it's a losing battle anyway because I have 2 bicolor cats and a calico, some color of fur is going to show up on whatever I get.  And I'm OK with that, I think a little pelo de gato (cat hair) makes the whole outfit. 

At this moment I am pretty much caught up on laundry except for bedding, I need to get that. It's always fun stripping, and making, a bed with a cat "helping", in this case Mr Spotty. I got it made. It hasn't been too hot or too cool so I have a quilt, blanket, top sheet and that's it. When it gets really cold I pile on the blankets. I prefer to do it that way. With a comforter you only have 2 heat settings on and off, with blankets you can say "I want 2 blankets tonight and throw one off in the middle of the night". 

Interestingly enough I have never had a night sweat. 

That's it for now.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obviously if he has visa issues he is not a US citizen. Sounds like a can of worms I would leave closed.

Heather Knits said...

We will see if he even comes back.