Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Good news, bad news

 I suspect I am one of those women have an easy time spending money on others but in some ways a hard time spending money on myself.  

Perfume is a good example.  I haven't spent serious money on perfume in over 20 years.  By serious I mean greater than $5. 

I had Tea Rose which was my grandmother's signature fragrance, loved that.  Ron used to say I smelled like "old ladies" when I wore it.  Then I had Red.  I had an unfortunate incident with a bottle of Red aerosol in my backpack.  I had the spray bottle in the backpack along with some other things.  I was walking and as I walked things shifted around and the cap came off, something depressed the nozzle and I had a quarter ounce of perfume down my back.  It was sickening, cloying, and awful.  I had to throw away a very nice "airlift" Jansport backpack (this was entirely my fault and not the fault of Designer Imposters or Jansport).  I think I threw away the clothes I was wearing.  Ron almost vomited several times.  So we were both done with it for a while.  

After he died I wanted it back.  So I got the Designer Imposters version and have about used that up. 

I did well enough working some extra time that I could buy a bottle of perfume (it runs about $30).  I thought, this thing will last me over a year most likely so I should do it.  

I bought it (Fragrance net) but it is being discontinued!  AAAGH.  I am glad I got it though.  When it gets used up I will go to Macy's or something and find a new fragrance.  

But I think I have a couple years on that.  I guess I am old; it came out when I was a teen and is now being discontinued.  

No comments: