Tuesday, April 18, 2023

More thoughts

 I was just thinking about my last post. The more I write the more horrible things come out. 

My parents won't hear a word against Ron. The most they allow tonight I said I smelled #2 smoking pot and I didn't care because pot doesn't make people mean like alcohol.  

What do you mean, Heather?  

Well Ron got mean and abusive when he drank, but never when he smoked pot.  

They gasped at that but I moved on to something else. One day God will show them I stayed 30 years with an abusive drunk because I didn't feel they had my back.  But that's between us and God.  

My job now is to guard my heart so I don't fall for another user.  

Biscuit got up on my keyboard and opened a window that showed code running?  Don't know what the hell that was.  

I got something on my vest at work and I'm anal about keeping it clean so it's in the wash. After it's done I'm going to bed. 

Correction: an abusive, cheating, drunk.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They didn't have your back. I'm happy for you that you have a relationship with them, but I do wish they had done more to protect you. It's unchangeable, and I hope forgivable, but you deserved better.

Anonymous said...

Nice to know your dad is still burying his head in the sand about things. He did it with your mom and it caused you to get FAS and seriously neglected and now because rons dead somehow it makes him a saint.

I dont think him or your step mom are qualified to counsel troubled people. I shudder to think about the bad advice and solutions they are giving people that come to them for help.

I think you should reread your posts because i remeber you posting that pot was still a problem with ron.

Heather Knits said...

Well for Ron what I remember of pot his "problem" was funding it and freaking out as it dwindled.

I have found with some, including a lot of people at work, they want to turn what I had into This Great Love Story Of Overcoming Odds. Probably why Maria went off on Beau she felt he couldn't "measure up". If they only knew.