Friday, April 21, 2023

Very early Friday

 I didn't sleep well last night.  We also had 2 lines of thunderstorms come through.  The second line is going right now.  It should be dry later this evening, though, I read. That's good as Jack will be out of town later.  

I forgot to mention something that happened yesterday.  With very few exceptions, if I see a customer as I'm passing through the store I will go over to them and offer assistance.  That happened yesterday as I was cutting through the Men's department.  There was a man over by the socks looking confused.  

He said he liked the diabetic socks even though he isn't diabetic, they aren't tight on his leg, but he needed a dress sock that would help with his vein issue (he proceeded to take off his shoe and show me the veins 😂) so I helped him.  In the course of the conversation he mentioned he had "CTE" from playing a lot of football. 

Head injured!  Oh any interest I might have had dried up pretty quick. And that is sad, but my experience with the head injury it made Ron meaner and shorter tempered.  More abusive, a heavier drinker. All the things I was so happy to have end. So I'm being a shallow bitch I guess and saying No to all head injuries. 

I did encourage him to try the compression sock and he asked a lot of questions why I like them myself.  So I told him. I hope they work for him. 

We both agreed there is nothing worse in Houston than older people walking around in shorts showing off their veins. He was about my age or a little younger. I hope the socks work out for him. 

I had a dream my cycle started and would not stop.  I had a very funny encounter with one of my very outspoken co workers the other day.  She came and got a lot of my clearance chocolate and was eating it.  I was laughing.  She told me not to laugh (laughing herself) she was on her period, but I was so old that was something I had probably forgotten. And when, she asked, was my last period anyway?  So I told her the last real one was January so I will have to figure out birth control if I remarry. She gaped at me.  "Really?  You still?"  I nodded.  "Damn, Heather"  

I didn't tell her my birth mother went well into her mid 50's. My department is not for the sensitive or easily offended. I thought it was funny. 

What is sad is how many women we have walking around in jackets all year because they are anemic from iron loss due to fibroids.  We have several of them. One or two have told me they have fibroids. But in Houston (don't know about other cities) we have a lot of doctors who do outpatient things for fibroids.  Back in the day all you could do was a hysterectomy and these women at work are young and obviously want kids one day.  

My headache went away now that the rain's here. That's it for now, probably another post before work. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just because a man talks to you does not mean he is interested in you and wants to date you. Why is every man you talk to looked at as a potential husband?

Heather Knits said...

I don't know about other people but that's how I'm wired when I meet a guy I wonder what would we work out

Heather Knits said...

I wonder if we would be happy. With single guys.

Anonymous said...

It's called 'having your flag up'. If you are looking out for a special someone the only way to see if they are interested is have a little chat to see if their flag is up too.

Heather Knits said...

Oh I forgot to share that... so I am sitting at my table, the grocery manager comes in and sits down at his table, then Beau is just past him.

Grocery manager has been wearing a Walmart ballcap lately and one of the associates asked him if he had thinning hair. He said "Hell no, I'm not bald!"and took his cap off, showing a full head of hair.

"Hey" I replied, "Some women like a bald head on a man!" and boy you should have seen Beau perk up, he sat up in his chair, looked at me, and grinned. He has male pattern baldness, still has most of his hair, but ruthlessly shaves what he does have to about 1/4 inch. It looks very clean and professional, unlike Ron and the sloppy mess he had of his hair.

That's as far as I'm willing to go right now.