Thursday, April 6, 2023

Thought of this while lying in bed with the cats

 Laundry is in the dryer and I am about to take my shower.  

But I got to thinking about an incident that happened shortly after I married Ron. When Ron first awoke from his coma he was very sweet but understandably incredibly confused.  He had a hard time, for instance, with the fact (this was 2003) we were at war again with Iraq and we had President Bush.  I had to explain 9/11 to him and then the fact that this Bush was the other one's son. But Ron was very sweet and everyone loved him.  

As he improved his old ways came back. I didn't realize how bad it was until this incident.  

We had reopened the business and had put in an order for say a thousand dollars in canned soda.  I got up very early, got Ron ready, put him in his wheelchair, took him to work. I checked in the order and realized, to my horror, I had forgotten the checkbook.  

I told Ron and he went off on me. In front of the driver, no less.  I ran back home, got it, and came back.  The driver was unusually kind as I made out the check and left. 

Ron was pretty quiet the rest of the day.  

Later on he told me the driver had gone off on HIM for verbally abusing me, found out I had married Ron blind and in the wheelchair, told Ron how "lucky" he was, and he would be a fool to continue treating me like that.  That love had limits and if Ron kept it up he would lose me. 

Ron responded, he said, by calling in a complaint on the driver and we never saw him again.  

No comments: