Sunday, April 9, 2023

Easter morning

 I slept pretty well last night but, oh,vanity. 

We sell very small spray bottles of perfume spray, the aerosol.  They have a few basic flavors.  I like the "White Musk".  I like several perfumes, "Red" being far and away the front-runner (plan to buy a bottle of the real stuff when I get paid), and "Fresh White Musk" is on the list (they didn't have the small bottles of the Imposters "Red"). So I got a bottle.  

Why?  So I can apply a little in the bathroom and smell nice when Beau comes by....I don't think at this point there is going to be any sort of relationship but I do find him attractive and want to be appealing in return. And I encounter a lot of men at work. 

The evangelist the other day is a really good example, if a solid Bible believing born again comes by I want him to find me appealing as well. I really need to work on this as there is a line between good grooming vs making some man my idol. 

Of course I will probably meet some guy broken down by the side of the road at my bus stop coming home; my hair will be a frizzy mess from the Houston summer and I will be sweaty and carrying my sack full of junk. That's the kind of humor I have found God uses in my life.  

Sometimes God cracks me up so much I point my finger at the ceiling as I'm laughing.  Doesn't happen very often.  

I got my laundry started; I had to get up to take some headache pills. And I can't find the spare bottle again so I am taking the ones I have for work.  

But I found Ron's fanny pack in my closet when I was looking for a watch.  I bought myself a 10 pack of different colored watches with a gift card from my brother, that way I can match, or accent, my outfit. Anyway I can't find the brown one so I was looking in the closet.  I found the fanny pack, set it aside. Cleaned up the floor of the closet some but did not find the watch.  That's OK, I have a black one that will work.  Something told me to look in the fanny pack. 

I found a vending machine key.  The other vendor would be quite upset to know about this. Ron and I had keys to our "keyed alike" vending machines. He kept a spare in his fanny pack as he sometimes forgot (not a surprise considering what was happening to his brain) the big ring of keys at home.  

After Ron died I had to turn over the vending business to the other company, a married couple and their 2 employees. The husband asked if I could sell him the locks and all keys in addition to the machines (the machines did not belong to either of us but the locks/keys did).  I said of course.  While I can install and remove cylinder locks from a vending machine (saved Ron a lot of money) I was tired and would rather not. The man made a big point out of asking had I sold him ALL the keys and as far as I knew I had.  

Until today, 2 years later.  I will probably just throw it away.  I turned in my security badge when I left the Post Office so I can't even get in the building. 

I also found a flash drive with his country music on it, he named one song "You can kiss our ass!" and $60, three twenties, in the front flap. I am not sure how it got there but I can use it after what I spent on candy yesterday. So that's nice. 

I got the card!  I am not sure when I am going to use the gift cards but they are going in my wallet. 

I am thinking of wearing my "Ask me for Free Bibles" hat on the bus and carrying a few Bibles in my tote bag. I cleaned it out; I have room now. I am going to think about it today.  

I don't plan to bring my wallet when I go to work anymore just some cash (mad money) in my pocket along with my keys and stun gun.  And yes I brought a stun gun on many Bible handouts.  But the most dangerous encounter I had was the day of a handout, before I went to Acres Homes (considered a very bad neighborhood). 

So I rode Metrolift with Ron, as his "provider".  I preferred to sit in the front passenger seat that's where I was this time.  It was a minivan converted for a wheelchair with the last row of seats taken out, a wheelchair securement area, and Ron was back there in the chair.  

We pulled up at an apartment complex not far from our home, maybe 2 miles tops. The complex has been termed an "upscale ghetto" in one Google review which is a good way of putting it.  The driver couldn't find his client so he pulled up to a townhouse with a gangbanger (dressed in colors, gun in the small of his back, walking away from us, and shouts HEY at the top of his lungs.  

The guy comes running up on the cab, gun in hand, and points it at my head. It is about 9 inches away from my temple.  It does not have the orange circle signifying it is a toy.  The driver chuckles and says "Nice toy there" 

"It ain't a toy, whatchu want?"  

"Where is building 17?" and the guy takes the gun and uses it to point.  

But that was the longest 30 seconds of my life. 

After that I don't worry what's going to happen to me when I do evangelism.  If I recall correctly when we did the Bible Handout later not only did 3 people try to give me money someone brought me cold 20 ounce sodas from the convenience store.  Just goes to show. 

I still sat in the front seat until COVID. 

So I need to do laundry today, that is working right now.  dishes, and some cooking (just browning some ground pork), make some sandwiches.  I am going to make both peanut butter (using Wowbutter as I have issues with peanuts) and honey/jelly sandwiches (not sure) and some turkey sandwiches with bacon this time.  I think those will be fantastic and then I can just grab whatever looks good when I am getting ready in the morning.  I may make up my salads too. I just do greens, take the dressing in my lunch bag and then pour it over right before I eat it.  I just take the whole bottle of dressing it fits in my bag. I also have some V8's, walnuts, block cheese so that will be easy to do. Lunch is basically my big meal. I also need to do up some pills for that as well. 

That's it for now. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Throw out the key and spend that money on yourself. I don't wear makeup, but I always wear perfume even at home if I'm not going anywhere. I hope you find the fragrance you want. Happy Easter Heather.

Heather Knits said...

I really like "Red" so I plan to get that.