Monday, May 1, 2023

Well that was fun

 I checked out EVERYTHING on the steel rack I use for Bibles (in my garage) and found a case of kids' New Testaments (larger print, some illustrations, I like that Jesus is brown and not white), two cases of "Invitation" New Testaments (I have handed out many, many, "Invitations"), a case of Large Print New Testaments (also an easier read translation but I don't say that), and a case of very nice looking larger size (but regular print) NKJV New Testaments (very thin). That should hold me for a while. 

God knows I need more Spanish (after the next Handout) and He will figure that out. Church Source still has me on their mailing list and last I saw was still doing free shipping on larger (over $40 😂) so I'm not worried about that. But I am well set for the short term. 

And Facebook says I qualify for a class action settlement so I filled out the thing, it's just information they have already.  We will see.  That took a while so I need to go take my shower. 

Oh I forgot I also found a case of whole Bible KJV with very nice covers.  

I have to say yesterday I did not "feel" like going out and doing a Handout.  I was depressed.  But there is a passage in Psalms about those who sow in tears will reap in joy. And God knows I have gone out to many a Handout totally depressed, wounded from verbal abuse, lack of sleep due to his behavior, etc. Serious headaches, etc. 

One time I had a migraine.  That would not necessarily have been a big issue but I was working near a gas station and the tanker truck came and did a fill up. The gas stench was so heavy I could taste it and I almost vomited several times. That was probably the worst time.  

Another time I did it Christmas morning, and I had nowhere to pee afterward. Everything was closed, as it should be.  But I did a pretty good business.  In fact one car came back with more friends who didn't believe in me.  😂 Had to come and see for themselves I was out there handing out Bibles.  They ended up taking several Bibles. 

So I am more careful about fluid intake as well.  

Anyway, if you pray, pray for the recipients.  That's it for now.  

No comments: