Sunday, April 2, 2023

My dating history before Ron

 When I was in the 6th grade I was paired up with a kid from the "special" class (he had an un-named learning disorder and was likely also FAS), we became friends.  He was kind of immature but when he turned 13 (he was a year older) he decided he loved me and he wanted us to date.  I went along but didn't love him beyond more of a family type. We did make out a little. I broke up with him a couple times and then started it up again that really drove him nuts. 

I was told at one point I have issues with people walking away and was breaking it off so I was the one who did that. I got back in touch with him a few times after I met Ron and every time I did he was doing worse.  Last I heard from him back in 2005 somehow he tracked me down and sent me a letter, said he had been homeless for years, had a place, was about to be homeless again and he heard I had a nice big house....I wrote him back and said no, Ron forbade it. But I would not have brought him in; it would have been awful between Ron and him. That was the last I heard of him. 

I really hope he does not find out I am a widow now. 

The second guy I met in my "emotionally disturbed" classes and he was likely bipolar. My stepmother did not like his family as they did not supervise us and let me go in his room and shut the door. Again, some making out.  He was very unstable so I broke that off. 

There was a guy in junior high who liked me a lot and was a secret admirer. He wrote me a very nice note and said he would call but did not.  Years later when he did reveal himself he said there were a million families with my last name in the phone book and he couldn't figure out which was mine. He had a cleft lip but I didn't care; that meant a lot to him.  Nothing much happened with him and I wish him well. 

That was about it until I met Ron. I had male friends galore but that was it. I think I felt more comfortable with men because my closest siblings were male and I was raised by a single father for 5 years. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't have to explain yourself to strangers. It's your life, no one is paying your bills and they most likely have mates or miserable life because they sure are negative.

Heather Knits said...

Well, some are. But it is a valid question what kind of track record do I have aside from the alcoholic, cheating, wife beater.

Anonymous said...

I married in the church and my husband left me to raise our child alone and he moved 3000 miles away.
There are no guarantees.

Heather Knits said...

That was the sad thing, Ron was saved but also completely enslaved to addiction, lust, etc. He was the classic "have my cake and eat it too" personality.

I am just looking for someone saved, kind, respectful.

Anonymous said...

So as you can see a person claiming to be "saved" means nothing in the ultimate scheme of things. Look at what a person does and how they act not what they say when you try to find a man.

Heather Knits said...

True, that.