Saturday, April 1, 2023

Very sad reading

 I just read an article on my cellphone.  Apparently there is more evidence Alzhiemer's is linked to head trauma and it may be the body's way of addressing the damage, by depositing these extra proteins. 

VERY Sad.  After Ron's accident the doctors kept telling me Ron was going to have a "bad outcome" and I believe this is what they meant. But I figured if God didn't take him the residual damage would be something we could both handle.  And it was until Ron's drinking got out of control.  

How well I know alcohol is a neuro toxin even to a developing fetus how much a grown man with so much brain damage. He was having violent blackouts in 2007. Drinking straight grain alcohol. 

I think Ron might have "lasted" longer had he not been an alcoholic, or, barring that, had not been run over.  But the two of them together made for a hellish marriage. 

My blinders are off and I am seeing a lot now. I was in denial for a very long time.  In part because what could I do?  Not much. 

That's it for now.  

No comments: