Thursday, April 6, 2023

Thursday

 So work was OK.

It was slow enough I got pulled off my regular job and loaned out to another department. I didn't mind that.  What I did mind is the other associate dumping her work in my basket every time she thought my back was turned.  If someone came to help me, and they do sometimes (not this lady), I cherish them, thank them profusely, give them little gifts, etc.  I don't slack on my work and dump it in their lap.  I was pretty annoyed at that for a while (didn't say anything).  

I decided I give people at work rope and see what they do with it.  Do they sabotage me?  Do they help ME out?  Do they ignore me (that is fine 99% of the time)?  I wait and see what they do and take it from there.  I do set boundaries when needed but first I let them loose and see how far they will go without them.  I also decided it had taken my mind off my troubles.  

So 😂 I went to lunch late but as it turns out, so did Beau.  I was sitting at a table by myself.  He had been talking to a younger, prettier, and thinner woman the other day.  She was sitting at another table.  So I told myself, and God, I will sit here at my table.  If he comes down and sits with me, well, then.  If he goes and sits with her, well, then.  If he sits somewhere else we will see.  

He came over to my table, which by this point had me and 2 old ladies, one of whom is a huge gossip.  He touched my shoulder, greeted me with delight, chatted a minute, and sat at the other girl's table.  Ah!  Oh well.  At least I knew.  He had an animated discussion with her in Spanish and of course mine is terrible.  I can tell when someone is cussing me out, some rudimentary phrases to do my job, order takeout, that's about it.  

But here's where it gets crazy making.  He made a special point of coming by my station twice to talk to me in the next hour, after we got back from lunch.  He didn't need to be where I was.  So I think he likes me but let's be blunt the other girl can give him kids which is huge in that culture, doesn't have all the baggage, younger, better looking, thinner, etc.  I don't have expectations there.  

On the way home Jack and I were talking about Mexican food and I told him I wanted to take him to my favorite taqueria.  He said he would like that.  It is not a date just 2 friends grabbing a meal.  But if we do this I'm sure his family will go nuts. 

At least one daughter has already met me and his wife did help me out with a ride a couple of nights.  I think they would be pleased but I will have to tell him make it clear it's just 2 friends.  I don't want the girls to think I am "after" their Dad.  

This is where I state he is a huge liberal so it would never work even if I wanted it to.  

That's it for now.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how's your weight? I know you're lonely but you're becoming obsessed with men (I know you won't agree lol) you look at every man as a potential husband

Heather Knits said...

I have a theory as my nutrition gets better so does my drive. Just a theory. Weight is about 188 which is great considering some of my cheats. I am blogging a lot trying to work out my issues before I make an ass out of myself.