Friday, April 14, 2023

Friday night

 It was a long day.  Not a bad one just long. 

Things I can't talk about at work are affecting my job.  But I"m getting it done.  

Conflicting messages from Beau.  When I went back on my lunch he was sitting at a table with someone else.  The younger, prettier, woman who speaks fluent Spanish.  It didn't seem "personal" but I am not always good at picking up that stuff.  He chatted with me a little (staying at the other table) after she went back to work.  

When I went back to work he came by 3 times,once when all my coworkers were there, flirting so  outrageously with me to the point they all noticed.  But he spent his lunch with the other girl so I am assuming he is just being flirty. 

I plan to enjoy it, flirt back, and leave it at that.  I am assuming he will end up with the other girl.  She did tell me (before I knew about Beau) she had planned to join the Army soon. 

I think he just enjoys getting a response from women.  Me, for whatever reason, maybe because I am more transparent. I am not awful looking, not huge, white, not chasing him off, etc. Most of the women in the store are black and in relationships or DONE with them. Same with the Latinas and nearly all the Asians (Asians are nearly all married or elderly widows). So I guess not a lot of choices in the store for a male employee.  And the employees range all ages so finding someone around your age who is single and in decent shape is harder.  

There is a guy who was nice to me, about my age, but is black and has shown a marked preference for black women so I checked him off the list. The white guys my age are all unsuitable if I wanted to stay in my race.  

I really don't care about race and dating as long as he is a decent human being who loves God and at least tries to take care of himself.  I would rather not date someone in management. Assuming they wanted to date me and no one has. 

So I will just enjoy the attention and leave it at that.  He did like the outfit today: black t shirt, black broomstick skirt that was nearly ankle length, over hot pink leggings. I got several compliments so I plan to wear the skirt over patterned leggings again.  I can work well in it.  

After work I had been thinking about buying a multi pack of men's t shirts.  I went and looked at it.  My friend in ladies' apparel, the one who warned me Beau was "a big player" saw me and came running over asking if I was buying men's underwear now.  I explained, she looked relieved.  I told her I would look at the Time and Tru table (women's short sleeved t shirts).  I knew some of the pima cotton ones had gone on clearance a while back and I bought them,liked them pretty well at $3.50 and figured I could buy a few at $5 (standard price). 

I got over there and found solid black, white, and heather gray t shirts with the pima cotton label.  I scanned them with my phone and found out they were all $1 each.  So I got 16. Still less than the multi pack of men's.  And they're great shirts.  I am really happy with them.  

I did have to buy more hangers after that.  Don't worry there were plenty of shirts left but I made a big dent in the XL 16-18. I got some meat I plan to make my famous "low carb spaghetti" which is really 2 meats in tomato sauce. I got some organic sauce as well that is low carb, so 3 meats plus a nice organic tomato basil sauce, sounds like really good lunches all week.  

I look forward to eating them. 

I also got more V-8's I think they're a good idea, and I have been wanting carrot juice so I got that too. 

I came home and called my parents they are doing well. 

That's it for now. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm married and I was flattered a male coworker kept saying "hi beautiful" as I almost never get a compliment from my husband. That was until I heard him say that to another woman. Some men are players, some are flirts but if he doesn't move forward soon, I would put him in one of those categories.

Anonymous said...

Stop buying men's clothing. You lost too much weight to look like a man. There are plenty of modest women's tee shirts and options that will be much more flattering on you.

Heather Knits said...

About the clothes I literally bought like 20 women's shirts on clearance.

Oh he's a flirt alright I am just having a hard time figuring out if there is something behind that. He does spend a lot of time with me; but he also prefers (if both of us are in the breakroom) to spend his lunch with a younger, prettier, thinner woman on my team. So I have to figure he is "more" serious about her. And she speaks fluent Spanish, his first language.

I do enjoy flirting with him and plan to continue unless he does get in a relationship with the other girl.