Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Tuesday

 I did not publish "mean" comments. 

I am just taking all my feelings to God and letting Him deal with it all. Now odds are very high that, having heard I was married to Ron for 30 years, Beau will decide I am too old for him even if he had been thinking about it (also unlikely). 

I scored a deal on some clearance peanut butter chocolate candy I found someone had hid. I asked my Team Lead and got permission to buy it and hand it out to my team mates (not on my break or lunch).  Beau was off so it was just "my" peeps and a few from other departments.  The poor lady at self check took two handfuls!  I didn't want to walk off my job and buy it unless I had it OK'd. She was happy to grant it.  

I bring her caramel every day so I am OK in her book. 😂  That and I work my ass off. 

After work I ran by the grocery store that sells the candy, got a bag of caramels, two pinata mix. A few other things including a roll of "Maria" type cookies that look promising.  Not a low carb product, it is LOWER carb and much lower sugar. I am hoping a couple of these after my lunch will slake my sweet tooth. 

Some weird guy got on the bus, shoved me, went off on me calling me a "White Ho Bitch" and such, "But I ain't hating" he was a white guy!  Just mental, off his meds, get away from me,you freak.  I did not offer him candy. Glad I had my stun gun. He did not break my cookies so I was happy. 

He did not follow me home, even better. 

That's it for now. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why are you giving away so much candy at work? I used to think you just left it in the break room, but now I get the impression that you carry it around all day giving it out.

Anonymous said...

You sure encounter some real crazies riding the bus.

Heather Knits said...

Well the store has over 400 employees so I carry it around in my vest, a small baggie each of regular candy and hot candy. If I get a good deal I will buy a bag of chocolate (wrapped) candy and hand that out as well. So people who know me it's "Heather,what you got?" Which is how I first met Beau he came by on business one day and I gave him some candy.

Anonymous said...

400 employees. That's a really big candy expense. I dont understand wasting so much money gibing these peopie candy. Most are better off then you financially and can afford to buy their own candy.

Heather Knits said...

No I am not feeding all of them. I bring about 2-3 handfuls of wrapped candy a day. And I often have plenty left at the end of the day. I expect my 5 pound bag of Mexican candy to last a long time.

My love language has gone from quality time to gifts.

Anonymous said...

While your love language may be gifts these people are just coworkers not friends or family. So spending your very hard earned money on them is really not appropriate. You just said in your other comment that there are 400 employees and it's a big candy expense and now you are back peddling on that. You spend at least $100 a month on candy. Money you could put into savings or use for cab rides or other things that may come up. It's wasteful to do this.

Heather Knits said...

The majority of what I hand out has a Scripture booklet and therefore not at work.

Anonymous said...

You bought ten pounds (I think) of candy on Saturday. On Tuesday you bought clearance chocolate at work and then more candy (how many more pounds?) and cookies after work. This all seems very impulsive and obsessive. Honestly, give your actions some thought. This seems very psychiatric to me.

Heather Knits said...

Saturday I got 10 pounds pinata mix,5 pounds hot mix,3 pounds caramel.

I have done insane amounts of candy handed out since 2009 at least.

The clearance chocolate was about $6 for 3 days' worth. And very well received I might add.

My doctor isn't worried and his staff look forward to my checkups as I am always good for a couple bags of "fun size" snickers.