Saturday, April 8, 2023

Saturday morning

 I was ready to go early so I did that.  I left the house as soon as it was light out, a little after 7. The JW's were back at my bus stop.  I chatted with them a little "cold out, hope you brought some coffee.." etc. and the bus came pretty quick. 

Not many employees in the store but it was open.  I got some more stir fry beef on sale. I also got some Walnuts, some garlic for the stir fry, etc.  I was done before 8 and went to the other grocery store. 

Some excitement at the transit center.  There are several bus stops. Metro bus changed which buses service which stops and they have ALL changed.  I always read the sign so I was OK but some people were running after buses shouting at the top of their lungs; and missed it. That happened pretty recently.  

Now, my home bus line stop (we will call it the X) didn't have a bench at the bus stop. It does now.  I didn't check out the work bus route (the Y) but it is a ways from the X bus stop.  I think they both have a bench now. Anyway we bus riders chatted about that for a while while I waited on my connecting bus, and an older Spanish-only gentleman and I discussed the cold weather in my very bad Spanish.  

While at the first grocery store I realized I had left my cardboard box at home. I use that at the second store as my "shopping cart" because I don't want to put the future purchases into my hand cart directly, that, to me, looks like shoplifting. The first store gave me a nice box that had frozen shrimp and it worked great in my cart.  

So I got to the second bus stop, the grocery store.  They had improved it and widened the sidewalk, etc. It was very nice. When I filled out the survey I really didn't think they would improve the bus stops.  But they are. 

I went in and got my sausage, cheese (this store has the best deal on 2 pound blocks of mild cheddar, Biscuit's favorite), and headed over to candy. They had the usual 5 pound bags of pinata mix, two different brands, both very popular with my coworkers and recipients. They also had a 5 pound bag of hot candy, "chile con fruta" type stuff like mango with red pepper flakes in it. The Spanish people love that stuff so I got one, I know the younger guys from Beau's department will love it to (I don't know about him?) and they are nice kids so that will be fun. For the handouts I can put a handful each of the hot stuff and regular pinata mix and the Spanish Scripture booklet. 

I gave out about 10 bags of candy today I had fun doing that.  I apparently have a good mix people exclaim over it when I hand it to them. So I'm happy about that. I want to Represent. Hopefully they will be inclined to keep, and read, the booklet.  But my job is just handing it out. 

I had a pretty uneventful trip home with the diabetic bus driver who never wants candy, so I gave it to the guy waiting at my home bus stop when I disembarked.  I could hear the driver saying "She gives them to everybody" as I left.  Biscuit got in my lap when I got home, like the big sweet cookie he is. I haven't seen Cleo but Spotty did come by to say hi.  

I plan to eat a small (1 ounce) bag of chips and take a nap.  It is cold, overcast, windy, and drizzly today not a fun day.  But I did get it all done early thank God. 

That's it for now. 

No comments: